“Absolute Perfection”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I don't think we have ever stayed at a nicer hotel and certainly not one with the incredible staff we encountered. From the doorman who chased the cab around the corner to carry our luggage inside to the bartender who set up an impromptu gin tasting for my wife, every person went out of his or her way to make us welcome and comfortable.

Once the staff discovered it was our anniversary, the bar was raised even higher. Champagne, chocolates, a private dinner in the small dining room -- all with a smile. I would not begin to single out any one person as all deserve equal accolades.

We had dinner twice. Both meals were delicious, accompanied by expert, attentive service. The room (309 I think) was perfect; cozy and spotless.

Kudos to the entire team. A terrific experience and one we hope to repeat soon.

Room Tip: One that faces Kensington Park are quieter.
5  Thank VenturaTraveler13
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a terrific experience with us and that you were impressed by our staff and service. At The Milestone Hotel we pride ourselves on creating special experiences for all of our guests thoroughly pleased that we succeeded in making your anniversary celebration extra special.

I will be certain to share this fantastic review with the whole of the team and we hope to welcome you back to The Milestone Hotel in the very near future.

Andrew Pike.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,047)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Just returned from a night away from the kids which makes most hotels feel great, but the Milestone went the extra mile with brilliantly warm and friendly staff. From the moment we were greeted by the doorman, to the reception team through to everyone we made contact with in the hotel, a smile and greeting has never far away.

Our room (302) was lovely with nice details and extremely comfortable decoration and furnishings. I had organised a bottle of champagne and other little bits for my wife's birthday, which without any prompting arrived subtly and promptly. They even asked as reception if we were away for a special occasion, which resulted in yet another little surprise of tiny pastries/cakes and a card in our room. Another nice touch.

We had dinner very early (1730) due to a gig in Hammersmith, but nevertheless the kitchen was in full swing and the food was tasty, well presented and enthusiastically served. Again, some lovely details including amazing breads, butters and even salt! Great fun.

On return we had time for a quick cocktail, again in a cosy little bar with great decoration and brilliant staff.

Finally breakfast was beautifully created and presented, finishing off a lovely stay. The hotel is traditionally decorated but extremely well detailed and tasteful. It is not "flashy" but at the small time luxurious, but the staff really do make this place special. Thanks for a great birthday.

2  Thank shreddie1
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear guest,

I was so pleased to read your fantastic review of your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel and thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us.

It fills me with great joy to learn that your visit to us was made so outstanding by our brilliantly warm and friendly staff. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional and personalised service here at The Milestone Hotel and to learn that we got this so right from start to finish is excellent news.

Thank you for your kind comments with regards to the food and the service throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass this on to our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager alike who will undoubtedly be delighted.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write such a brilliant review and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to London.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is a wonderful hotel. The staff is extraordinary and the location is great. I have now stayed in four different rooms here, and I must say each room is very different. The rooms are not large, and you may want to upgrade if you can. Be aware that some rooms have the en suite bathrooms down a flight of stairs. If this is inconvenient for you, I would suggest you tell them this in advance, since the hotel is often fully booked and if you don't mention it until later it may be difficult for them to accommodate you with a different room. But in my experience, they will go the extra mile to make your stay an enjoyable one. It is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have the en suite bathrooms down a flight of stairs. If this is a problem for you, reques...
1  Thank Kahaluu_Bob
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear guest,

I was so pleased to read your excellent review on your recent stay here at The Milestone Hotel.

It fills me with great joy to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much and you found every member of my team to be extraordinary. We are indeed ideally located, a stones throw away from the beautiful Kensington Gardens, some fantastic eateries and retail outlets and just a short taxi ride away from the west end. All of our rooms are very different and individually designed, which is one thing that makes The Milestone Hotel so unique and charming.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ to The Milestone Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

This was our second visit to The Milestone and it continues to exceed our expectations. The hotel is beautiful - we received a room upgrade and ended up in the Regency Suite - what a spectacularly gorgeous room! The room itself was beautifully appointed, and the bathroom modern and roomy. The rainwater shower is probably the best shower I've ever experienced! The food is delicious and we also had exemplary service at the bar. The Milestone is one of the best luxury hotels we've stayed in - we look forward to a third visit!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Junior Suites or the spectacular Regency Suite
1  Thank MeandMissP

Dear guest,

I was so pleased to read your fantastic review of your recent stay with us at the Milestone Hotel.

It fills me with great joy to learn that your second trip to The Milestone Hotel exceeded your expectations. The Regency Suite is indeed beautifully appointed and has the most stunning views over the Kensington Park and Kensington Palace. I am thrilled you enjoyed the bathroom as one of the unique features about this suite is the free standing Copper bath tub.

Thank you for your kind comments with regards to the food, I will be sure to pass this on to our Head Chef and his team who will undoubtedly be delighted.

Again, thank you for you fantastic review and we look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I have never experienced this level of service! The staff anticipated every need and went beyond my expectations. The hotel is charming and sophisticated, and the staff is friendly and welcoming. Staying at The Milestone Hotel is an experience not to be missed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for taking your time to write such a fantastic review about your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that you found all of our staff to be very friendly and welcoming and that they exceeded all of your expectations, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the whole of the team.

I am glad you found the hotel to be charming and sophisticated; it certainly is unique and full of charm.

Again, thank you for your fantastic review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.