“Outstanding service and attention to detail”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Norwich
“Outstanding service and attention to detail”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

A colleague and I stayed at this luxury hotel for two nights at short notice. The staff were extremely welcoming upon our arrival and gave us a guided tour of the facilities whilst our luggage was taken upstairs.

The rooms (a King Double and Studio) were unforgettable; true luxury which was a welcome retreat at the end of each day.

On top of the luxury of each room, the services were excellent. Satellite TV, reliable Internet access and top draw room service.

Our breakfast each morning was superb and the hotel is literally 3 minutes walk from High Street Kensington tube station (sadly our expenses policy didn't quite cover the use of the hotels Chauffeur driven Bentley...).

Highly recommended all round!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Oliver B
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Many thanks for your great feedback following your recent stay with us. I was really delighted to read that you enjoyed our service and the small touches that make the Milestone so special. I was glad you enjoyed your breakfast and I hope to be able to welcome you back personally on your next trip to London.

Many thanks,
Abdrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Visited this hotel April 2012, and the hotel is exceptional in many ways; from top location to quality of rooms and decor, topped off with a commitment to great service you wont see in many places in London.

I was on business on this occasion but already looking into a family stay at the hotel.

All in all very special and although price reflects this - it is far superior to all of the chain hotels which offer similar rates.

Room Tip: Take a room with balcony if available!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
I was so pleased to read your feedback and that you found your stay "exceptional". I really do hope you get the chance to bring your family. I have passed on your kind words to my great team here.
With renewed thanks,
Andrew Pike
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Milestone Hotel in one of their apartments. We were traveling with 2 teenage children and my mother. The accomodations were fabulous! We had so much space and the rooms were beautful. The service was exceptional...the hotel didn't know what to do for us next and the food was great. Breakfast was wonderful, we really enjoyed high tea and had a lovely dinner one eve in the hotel sitting by the fireplace. The concierge service was top notch. In fact, I forgot my house keys at the hotel and they immediately sent my keys back to me in the states. I travel alot for business and pleasure and must say that this was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. I highly recommend this hotel and will definately stay there on our next trip to London. It was truly an exceptional find. On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate it an 11! I can't wait to come back to the Milestone!

Room Tip: We stayed in Apartment #1. It had a very large living room on the 1st floor that we put a roll away...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Francine18
Thank you so much for your kind review. Our Apartments are ideal for families and I was delighted that you gave us a 11 out of 10 for you overall stay. I have passed on your kind words to the team here at the hotel. I look forward to meeting you and your family on your next trip to us.
Kind regards
Andrew Pike
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed one week at Milestone in March 2012. This hotel is very special and is a real 5 stars hotel. Beautiful decor in our room, excellent service from everybody from the concierge to the room service. The food was excellent, the decor unforgettable. Everybody made us feel good. Perfectly located. We will choose this hotel again for sure and will remember the truly warm hospitality. You won't regret your stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denise M
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Denise

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel

I am very happy to read that you had such a great time with us during your week to London. Our individually styled rooms and dedication to service excellence are our biggest attraction and highlights of the Milestone. I am delighted at your recommendation to other travellers and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest regards

Geoffrey Wild
Deputy General Manager
White Plains, NY
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Just returned from April holiday visiting our son who is studying at King's College this semester. We rented an apartment at the hotel-which truly surpassed our expectations. The apartment was beautiful, with magnificently appointed rooms for ourselves and two of our children- ages 18 and 15. We also had a lovely living/sitting room where we could read, relax, watch movies, visit with our older son and his girlfriend, etc. The kitchen came already stocked with juice, milk, coffee/tea, cereals, yogurt and fresh fruit. The staff is amazing- kind, helpful, hospitable--you truly feel "at home", welcome and part of the family. They are solution oriented-- if your college junior decides on the spur of the moment that he wants to sleep over- they have a comfortable bed set up in the living room 5 minutes later. If you have a reservation for tea for four, and two more guests show up at the last minute- they are received-- without skipping a beat-- with warmth and true hospitality.
We have been lucky enough to vacation at some truly wonderful places--Palazzo Sasso in Ravello, Gran Hotel Serbilloni in Bellagio, King David in Jerusalem--this is more than a match for any of them.
Please note- the team is what makes this place great- wonderful doormen, warm friendly front desk, rockin' concierge-kudos to Jose, Andrew- the "heart" of the hotel, and awesome bartender Markus. Thanks to all of you for an awesome vacation.
Steve, Barbara, and family

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Steve, Barbara and family,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us in our apartments. We have received some great comments about how these apartments work well for longer stays and I'm especially pleased that you were able to make full use of the hotel services and most of all spend time with our team who are passionate about what they do. I will take much pleasure in passing your kind comments onto each member of the team including Markus and Jose of course. We very much hope that we have won you over as future guests who will regard us as your "home from home" in London.
Your warm validation is hugely appreciated and most encouraging. Please rest assured that we will keep working hard for you and look forward we hope to seeing you again in the not too distant future.
Warm regards Andrew