“Fantastic afternoon high tea, very classy!”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I went there with a bunch of friends for afternoon high-tea. I didnt actually pay for the high tea so i can't tell you how much it cost. There were scones with whipped butter and jam. Prawn mayo sandwich (I think), tuna sandwich, ham and cheese sandwich. There are sweets ranging from cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake, fruit tartlets and etc. They were all very yummy and if you want a classy, high-class and girly high-tea with your girly friends, this is the right place.

After the high-tea, there were complimentary cocktails which i think its pretty standard.

The service from the waiter was very good, toilets are clean and atmosphere was very good too.

Please click YES if you think this review is helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for reviewing The Milestone Hotel’s Afternoon Tea

I am delighted that you and your girlfriends enjoyed our tea and service so much. Our team do strive to deliver the best service combined with only the finest array of mouth-watering delights from our Chefs. We have also again been awarded The Tea Guild’s Award for Excellence for 2012 which is a testament to what our team constantly strive to achieve.

I sincerely hope to see you and your friends again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Milestone Hotel

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed there with my family (wife and three kids 2,4,9) over the easter weekend and i never had a better one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx to the whole staff, they´ve been so nice and everything was perfect!

The best Hotel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael

Room Tip: Tudor Suite or any other! Every room looks brillant!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Michael

Thank you for your wonderful comments about The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted to read that you had perfect Easter celebrations with us. I am very happy that your family enjoyed our hotel and sincerely hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My family recently had the pleasure of staying at the Milestone Hotel in the Kensignton area of London. In all our years of traveling, we have had the opportunity to stay at several high quality hotel establishments including the Ritz, Four Seasons, Cloister at Sea Island, Sanctuary at Kiawah Island and the Breakers in Palm Beach. However, we have never had an experience quite like the Milestone. The entire staff from the front desk, to the doormen to the concierge went above and beyond our expectations. The staff covered every request with genuine courtesy, precision and the utmost professionalism. More importantly, they made our daughters feel special each and every day. The highlight of our stay was an afternoon tea that will remain in our hearts for years to come. The Milestone embodies a level of old style "British" service that we thought was gone forever. Thankfully, we were mistaken.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott C

Dear Scott

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you chose The Milestone for your recent visit to London. Our team were very happy to read you comments about their excellent service; they do strive to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity. We were over the moon to read how favourably we compared to the Luxury hotels you stayed at before. I am also very happy that you managed to join us for afternoon tea and had such a memorable experience.

I hope you will be keeping us in mind for your future travel endeavours and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I do not dish out the 'excellent' badge very often, but came close this time. This is a top class hotel, whilst remaining to be a little quirky and British. No fancy palm filled atrium here, but some nice cosy snugs and other little hideaways. Aims to provide impeccable service, and came rather close.

My only complaint was that the cooked breakfast really was made to order, possibly even sourced to order, as it did not arrive in time for me to eat it. Breakfast here is clearly to be enjoyed at a more leisurely pace than I could afford.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Origami_kid
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at the Milestone.
Whilst I'm pleased and encouraged that we came close to ticking your "Excellence Box" I am disappointed that we missed this opportunity by your having to wait longer than you should have for your breakfast. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. Whilst we do prepare our hot breakfast dishes to order this should not have taken so long that you did not have the time to take it. Our team are always aware that our guests have different time constraints and we should always be able to pick the pace up if required to delivery a speedier service. One or two of our hot dishes are also a little quicker to prepare and serve and our breakfast team will always advise on this. Please do remind us about this when you next have the opportunity to stay and I will ensure that not only will breakfast be with our compliments but we will also ensure that you are able to enjoy it as intended.
Kind regards
Andrew Pike, General Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was my third stay at the Milestone and I am happy to say it did not disappoint. It is in a terrific location right across from Kensington Gardens, it has a wonderful classic London feel - but what really sets it apart is the impeccable service. Each and every person I came into contact with provided excellent service - and it is done in a truly genuine and friendly manner. They make you feel welcome and taken care of - and after a long day it was like coming home. The hotel itself is very nice ( and I am a picky traveler!) , the restaurant and amenities quite lovely - but the service is something that you just don't get at the other fine hotels. The Milestone is definately the choice I will make on my next trip to London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the gardens
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nlg2012

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at the Milestone, especially as it was your third stay with us! I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location directly facing Kensington Palace and the overall feel of the hotel. I am most pleased of all though that you enjoyed our service which is what we work hardest at. To convey a genuine feeling of being in a "home from home" is exactly what we strive for so I'm delighted that you felt we delivered on this for you.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon to your new "home form home" in London.

Kind regards

Andrew Pike, General Manager.