“Wonderful!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Värnamo
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is an excellent hotel, we enjoyed every minute and had a smile on our faces all day long. It was such a treat to stay here in a friendly and luxurious but still relaxed atmosphere.
The salmon at breakfast and the chicken sandwich at afternoon tea were divine.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank BettanB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My wife and I had a three day break here a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It doesn't have the enormous public areas and rooms of some London hotels: instead it is 'compact and bijou' along the lines of old Edwardian London clubs, which gives it a nostalgic cozy air that suits us just fine.

We ate out for two nights and only took one dinner at the hotel. It's usual to explore different nearby eateries when staying at a hotel, but I highly recommend taking at least one dinner here - the cuisine is first class in every way and the service and ambience top notch.

At breakfast on the first morning we experienced a calamity of major proportions when a waitress in training spilled the entire contents of the tea and hot water pots as she endeavoured to place them from her incorrectly-held tray onto our table. A lot of the boiling hot liquids splashed over my wife, narrowly missing contact with her skin thankfully. Could there be a truer test of customer service recovery? I'm pleased to report the hotel distinguished itself - express dry cleaning my wife's tops and unpacking them with her to make absolutely sure all was satisfactory, and placing a personal note of apology from the Manager in our room along with a complimentary bottle of wine.

We really enjoyed our stay and were very well looked after.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking Kensington Gardens; afternoon tea is a must and try dinner in the res...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John W
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your very valued feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoy your short break with us in London and that we ticked the right boxes in terms of ambiance and above all our service. Thank you for being so understanding about the accident in the restaurant at breakfast. I am pleased to note that you feel we responded in an appropriate way. I know that our breakfast team were highly concerned and most relieved that no-one was hurt.
We very much hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.
Kind regards
Andrew Pike, General Manager
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I haven't contributed here for a long time but this charming hotel has encouraged me to review again. The hotel is very handsome both inside and out with fabulous views over Kensington Gardens but it's most outstanding element is the very personal levels of service. The hotel feels intimate and cosy, unusual for central London. The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and efficient. The rooms whilst not huge are richly decorated and unique. Breakfast is good though the dining room is a little twee for me. The Stables Bar is minute but pleasant for a post theatre drink and you can overspill into the lovely Conservatory. And a great location for the Royal Albert Hall. All in all, delightful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mrstraveller1
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us in March.
I am always most reassured to read that it's our personal and friendly service that is most appreciated so thank you for mentioning this. Each one of our 57 rooms and 6 apartments are individually decorated with literally no two rooms the same and we find that many regualr guests have picked their own list of personal favourites.
We are proud to have a long-standing partnership with the Royal Albert Hall, our near neighbour and enjoy looking after many guests who are attending specific events and shows there.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon we hope to the Milestone.
Kind regards
Andrew Pike, General Manager, Milestone Hotel
Alabama
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Milestone, and we could not have been more pleased. A smaller hotel located right in the heart of Kensington, it was in a very convenient place, which made sightseeing easy. We had two suites, which were quite large and accommodating. They were also most clean and neat, and there were some nice little touches, such as a plate of small fruits provided every evening.
I was most impressed with the level of service, which was impeccable. All members of the hotel staff knew us by name, were solicitous of our needs, and were always most polite. Not even my sometimes-rambunctious 9 year old could rattle them, and their courtesy was always extended to my children, which was most appreciated.
The hotel has a wonderful and renowned restaurant. We originally had a dinner reservation but instead opted for a late afternoon tea, which was a big hit with the children in particular. While I enjoyed the tea as well, the hotel’s cozy bar was my favorite. After each fun but tiring day of sightseeing, I would camp out there – very relaxing!
The only qualm – and it is quite small – concerned the breakfast, as it was a tad skimpy compared to breakfasts provided at some of our other stays in England. The relatively small size of the hotel’s dining space may be the culprit there.
The Milestone is quite expensive, but we had such a wonderful time that I smiled as I reviewed the bill. It was worth the splurge!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank rorytory
Thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed our service and small touches and especially pleased that you were able to make use of Cheneston's for a late Afternoon tea.
Whilst I'm pleased that you enjoyed breakfast, I note that you felt a little more choice would have been appreciated. We do try and ring the changes with one or two seasonal extras and even if we do not have the space to offer a more extensive range of items we are usually able to provide one or two additional items upon request and will always go the extra mile with any specific favourites where we are aware of these. I'm delighted that you enjoyed spending time with us with your family who I know we enjoyed looking after!
Warm regards
Andrew Pike, General Manager, Milestone Hotel
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed here for a week last August for a girls trip with my young daughters and the service and accommodations could not have been better. Both Neil at the front desk and Neil the concierge were incredibly helpful and Pedro gave the kids a wonderful tour that was part of the family package we booked. We had a wonderful dinner in cheneston's one night with my parents who were visiting at the same time - highly recommend the Dover Sole! This trip was a very special splurge for us and this hotel did not disappoint.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank wooches
MilestoneGM, Front Office Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us. I was delighted to read that we met your expectations in our restaurant and with Pedro, our fantastic Butler, showing your children around the hotel. That has proved very popular with our younger guests.
I sincerely hope that we have the chance to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,