12,533 results
All reviews covent garden gin palace wooden shutters great location trafalgar square single room charing cross station lounge bar west end executive room theatre land central location rooms are small london eye full english london hotel afternoon tea
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Super central location for this large hotel, however our room was relatively basic in comparison to similar hotels I've stayed at before. Our bathroom was extremely small and not really well designed. Having said that, the level of service (and cleanliness) was good and our bed comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patrick B, Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Guest,

We do agree that our rooms may seem a little dated and this is something that we are working on. We are currently in the process of a long-term strategic improvement plan for our Hotel and we are paying a great deal of attention to enhancing the existing rooms, aesthetically, technologically and physically; I do hope we are able to welcome you back to stay in one of these.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Unrelenting noise inside the hotel due to refurb work on 6th floor at my time of stay. No warning at check in, nothing. It started at 8:25am and when did it stop - at 12pm, check-out time, of course.
I felt more beat this Saturday morning than any morning during the week when I rise for school-run duty and then work.

Room tip: Stay at another hotel - or ask in advance about the works going on.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Alex,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at the Strand Palace Hotel.

We are currently in the process of a long-term strategic improvement plan for our Hotel and we are paying a great deal of attention to enhancing the existing rooms, aesthetically, technologically and physically. As part of this project we do have contractors working on the outside of the Hotel. We are doing everything possible to keep disruption to a minimal with works being completed outside of our busiest hours. Work runs from 08:30am to 18:30pm each weekday and this is stated on our website.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here a long weekend mixing business and pleasure. The rooms are okay, but nothing more bit they are clean!
The staff is friendly and very service minded. We has a dinner there with 12 pax and was really taken good care of. The Gin Palace is superb and I love the staff there

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time here with us!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

This is a very fine hotel in the city, the room is clean, no complains, the staff is very forthcomming even staying for 1 day. The Strand hotel is to be recommend. It is near bus, underground, and you can walk to all the places you will see.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Annette,

Thank you for the 5 star review! I am most pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

A little disappointed in the rooms at the palace strand hotel, after arriving and checking in we got given the choice of first floor or 5th floor (but was told there was a group on the 5th floor so if we wanted quiet to go on the first) we took the first. We found the street noise very loud that is consistent with the centre of London. Windows are not double glazed. We also found the room very hot as there is no air con you can pay extra for a/c but as we had payed by the end of it £1000 for three nights would have thought a “4*” hotel would have this. Beds a bit uncomfortable but having a king does help. Second day after a bit of a party night decided to have a sleep in at midday we were still asleep that is until the fire alarm went off and as I ran down stairs in my pjs was told by a random staff member that I should have got a note but it’s ok I can now just go back to bed - we never received a note telling us of the alarm. Not good enough. It’s meant to be four stars. They should have told us when we checked in. The next day as we had left the do not disturb sign off the door, the cleaners decided to come in and clean at 8:00 in the morning, didn’t make that mistake the next day. But on the plus side the location is one of the best in London the kitchen staff for breakfast are very polite and helpful. Full disclosure we tried to book for another few days but after speaking to the reservation team for thirty seconds thought what the hell am I doing and went across the road to another hotel.
In short the location was amazing and food areas and door staff are great, rooms are old outdated and sucked. For the price you can get a better place in the area

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mark,

I do apologise that your stay was not as you would have hoped.

Being a centrally located Hotel, noise from the front of the Hotel is a little hard to avoid. Our Security teams do regular patrols of the building and the external areas throughout the night to ensure that non residents are not disturbing our guests. Each room is equipped with wooden shutters over the windows which do block out the noise and feedback regarding these are positive. We do have rooms with Air Conditioning and after the refurbishment is complete, all guest rooms will be fully equipped with AC.

We have a fire alarm test every Monday at 12pm; as I am sure you can appreciate this is a matter of Health and Safety and we have to do these by law. There are notes on the back of all guest doors as well as on the guest lifts to ensure they are aware. I apologise if you were unaware of these.

We do believe that we offer incredibly competitive rates and these are some of the best in the area; I apologise if you disagree.

I do hope we can welcome you back to stay in one of our newly refurbished rooms to experience another room.