“Good London base” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #378 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Good London base”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed on business for 3 nights. The hotel has had a recent referb and it looks good. I particuarly liked the bar area in the evening. - decor , lighting, etc I had the bar food all 3 nights as this was both excellent and convenient. Very friendly staff - from the welcome cookie to the bar. The rooms are not huge but very nicely set out with fittings and design touches you expect from this Hotel brand. Location is great for the under ground and actually on a nice day, if you enjoy a walk, you can stroll down to the Thames. I found it convenient for a quick visit to the British Museum. A nice place and I will be back.

Room Tip: I had a rear room with no main road outside - this was relatively quite and I slept well.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandro G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that the team were welcoming and friendly and that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby and bar area.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!

Sandro Guadagnini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Booked it via a cheap and cheerful website for a discount price. Was not expecting the hotel to then accomodate my request for an early check in! However, even though the hotel was maxed out with tourist and paralympic visitors they could not have been more helpful. warm cookies whilst we waited for a room to be sorted early for us.
Beds are super comfy, bathroom facilities excellent and even though its London the rooms are spacious. Very grateful for the gentle air conditioning as it was a hot night!
Breakfast was varied and very fresh and the serving staff excellent.
Nice London hotels are never chep but this one was definately worth the price.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DoodahLoodah
Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed our signature chocolate chip cookie offered to all guests on arrival, and that you enjoyed your bedroom and our buffet breakfast.
We hope to welcome you again soon next time you are in London.

midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

From the time we set foot in the hotel to the time we left, two night stay, everything was very good. The staff were very helpful. Especially Pasquale on the front desk. The room was excellent, clean and fresh, bed very comfortable.
The english breakfast was as good if not better than any I have eaten in much more expensive hotels.
Location perfect especially if you have a bus pass. There is a regular flow of buses past the hotel towards Trafalgar Square and Whitehall.
We chose the hotel as part of a Show and Stay package.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anybody. I will use it again.

Room Tip: I was in room 645 on the top floor facing south. No traffic noise problems. A/C worked well
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank holsforall
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear the team, and Pasquale in particular, were so helpful. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to encourage the whole team to keep up the good work! I am also glad to see you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and the hotel’s central location.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Leed, Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

My husband and I were so impressed by this hotel. We booked this months ago on a pay up front basis & then came accross a problem we had been invited to a wedding on the same day as our trip! I contacted the hotel direct & they changed the date straight away, I can't thank the hotel enough for this because they really didn't have to do this. Reception was welcoming & fast the warm cookie on arrival was a welcome treat. We were lucky to be put in one of the back rooms (612) so we had no traffic noise when sleeping (which is a first for me in London). The room was a good size by London standards. The breakfast was amazing, the staff again were so welcoming & helpfull & the food was yum it was very fresh & tasted (to me) like they had used high quality ingredients. I loved the personal touch with the muffins freshly baked by the chief. The location is ok, not as central as other hotels i have stayed at. However we liked the location because it meant we were able to walk a bit more & explore the city. Very impressed & hope to book again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Dodge84
I am very glad to read you were so impressed by your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London – West End. I am also glad we were able to change your reservation. I will be sure to pass on your great comments regarding our breakfast buffet on to our kitchen team to encourage them to keep up the good work.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!

Esher, Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

The executive rooms are of a good size for a central London hotel. the wireless Internet (charged extra if not gold member of their loyalty scheme) worked well. The hotel is in a good location with plenty of restaurants, good public transport links - near to mainline Kings Cross, St Pancras and many direct buses 10 minutes from Waterloo. there are convenient supermarkets including a mini Tesco next door. The staff are welcoming.

The down side for business travellers is that there is no lower age limit for the executive lounge. on my last two stays noisy small children spoilt the coffee and newspaper before you start the day pleasure. Similarly in the evening if invited to the lounge you can enjoy canapés, a glass of wine or even a whiskey so it seems odd that this small area is shared by families with very young children when there is a large dining area elsewhere in the hotel.

Room Tip: executive rooms are at the usually quieter rear of the hotel and have a fridge. executive rooms allo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s central location and that the team gave you a great welcome.
We appreciate your comments regarding children in the executive lounge. It’s not something we restrict at the moment, however understand that that it caused inconvenience to you at the time.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.