Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch
USD 173*
USD 136*
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 124*
USD 220*
USD 190*
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
USD 116*
USD 108*
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross(London)(Great Value!)
USD 101*
USD 90*
Priceline
3,396 results
All reviewsold street tube stationsteam roomtheatre breaktea and coffeegood nights sleepfull englishwest endtaxisshoreditch
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Travelled with a hen party,4 star prices and have never stayed in such a doss hole!1st room smelt of vommit the second we opened the door and the 2nd room was not much better,door handle fell off,windows wedged open with a book,shower impossible to use as the leaver had broke and best of all a girlie night out with a broken hairdryer!!!What more can I say apart from DONT BOOK IT!! One good point-The Breakfast was of a good standard-but I dread to see the kitchen if its as bad as the hotel rooms!!

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank vikispambo
CRManagerthistle, Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2010

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry that your room was not to your satisfaction and can assure you this is not a true reflection of the service we provide at Thistle Hotels. I will be sure to pass on your comments to both our housekeeping and maintenance teams and make sure that each room in the hotel is checked thoroughly.
Please accept our apologies once again. We hope this will not discourage you from choosing Thistle Hotels in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2010

I stayed at the Thistle barbican and in the 2nd night I woke up to find myself covered in bites. I realized that the bed was full of bed bugs. Filthy place! How could that be possible? In London, in a supposedly 4 start hotel in the city? I can only think that they do not clean properly an do not change sheets between 2 guests.
When I informed the staff they did not believe me. I had to show the bites.
Absolutely disgusting!
Avoid the place if you can.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank YMAX
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Stayed one night in this hotel and will definitely not recomend nor return - the room I had was stuffy (cell like - aka hostel), no air con and unclean (or at least in need of new decor and a good scrub).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Pendlerjp
CRManagerthistle, Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2010

I was disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with your stay and would like to personally apologise that your room was below the standards you expected. Please be assured your comments will be passed to both the Housekeeping & Maintenance teams to ensure each room is thoroughly checked for cleanlines and faulty equipment. Please accept our apologies once again

Reviewed 6 August 2010

Do not stay this hotel. Period.

First of all its miles from the city or and tube stop, it is in the middle of a rough estate, I would be wary walking around at night!

Secondly, the room was small, dirty, my light did not work, the bath was only superficially cleaned, so on a closer look, around the taps etc was grimy, they were handles missing and or falling off the walls. Overall poor room standard.

The walls were incredibly thin and you can hear EVERYTHING from people on either side. I had particularly bad neighbours, one came back drunk and mistook my room for his and tried to break my door down at midnight screaming to let him in! The people on the other side were having a mini party at 2am, on top of that someone kept prank calling my room. I eventually asked to me moved at 2.30am and luckily they understood and moved me.

The other room was fine, still poor quality and the bed was old and lumpy, I was then woken up at 6.30am by people next to me getting up, talking, and putting the TV on.

I Left my room so quickly I forgot to brush my teeth in the morning as I was so desperate to leave.

To top it all off they charged me twice for a one night stay and I had to ring up the bank etc to cancel the second payment!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank lois_malfoy

Thank you for your recent review. I have taken note of your comments and I’m disappointed with your description of the cleanliness of the room. This is not a true representation of Thistle’s high standards expected from each of our hotels so will ensure this is addressed with the housekeeping team. Please allow me to also apologise that you did not have a restful night with us & that your fellow residents were not respectful of other guests comfort & peace. The staff at the hotel dealt with matter as effectively as possible under the circumstances. Please accept our apologies once again and we hope this will not discourage your choosing Thistle Hotels for any future visits.

Reviewed 4 August 2010

This hotel should not be advertised as a 4 star, we have stayed in better 2 star hotels. No one to help with cases. Outside our room 2423 there was a sewerage smell and the room was very small it was so hot and there was no air conditioning either. The carpet in the foyer of the 2nd building where our room was was all wrinkled up and the carpet in the dining room was a disgrace, it was full of stains everywhere. The queue to be seated for breakfast was ridiculous this was at 8.30, the queue for the food was even longer. Then there was even a queue for the toaster which didn't even work properly, my toast went through 3 times then it was only toasted on one side. This was reported to the dining room staff but there was no improvement the morning after. The tea was luke warm being served from flask like pots, however after complaining about this we were served tea from a teapot. The hotel was very busy however the staff and hotel capacity were not able to cope at all. The staff in the dining room had no sense of urgency at all I asked for butter however the waitress finished clearing a table first! Over all very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that your room was not to your satisfaction and can assure your comments will be passed to the maintenance team to make sure each room is checked for faulty equipment. Please allow me to also apologise for your experience during breakfast and can again assure you this is not the usual level of service we provide.
Your feedback is valuable to us and will be passed onto the General Manager who will reiterate to all staff the importance of customer service and satisfaction.
We hope this will not discourage you from choosing our hotels for future visits.