I stayed at the Thistle Barbican for 2 nights during July 2012 for business trip. The hotel entrance is off road and can be missed on the first instance. Reception staff were quick to check in. Small upgrade offered for small fee on arrival. 30 mins free Wi-Fi availalbe if you sign up to their signature update club. Room was a double. Not sure if it was standard but it was on the 2nd floor and spacious. Bathroom was clean and towels changed if left in bath. No Mini Bar and trouser press and iron did not work, although I did notice another iron in the cuboard towards the end of my stay. Pool, gym and sauna availalbe. I did not use these but notices the pool was not large at all. TV in room was old and could do with a upgrade. LCD are standard in most hotels these days. Restuarant service/food was OK. Menu was full and not cheap. I had to chase my main order as it took nearly 40 mins to arrive. Breakfast was good service was better then evening team. I orderd food to the room for my last nights stay. Food was poor not worth the price tag at all. I think it was meant to be Lamb kofta's but really was just dired meatballs in pita bread. Did not eat. Location was OK. not the most desirable area but safe. I walked to my venue (Moorgate). Barbican center is about 10 mins walk, nearest tube about 15mins walk. Location is good if your attending functions in the area. No tube needed. If however you wish to travel wider then consider a hotel nearer a tube station. Shops opposite supply, takeaway foods, newsagents, and cafe if needed. Staff were generally helpfull and polite. Checkout staff stuggled with final invoice - do check your final bill. Overall a good stay for business. Would I stay again? for a bargin price only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Ctrip TA, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London