“Perfectly situated, friendly staff, clean, quiet, comfortable.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Tower

The Tower
Ranked #257 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Perfectly situated, friendly staff, clean, quiet, comfortable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

Stayed here on a number of occasions. Usually two or three times a year. Book every september for watching the Tour of Britain cycling event. The staff are always friendly and helpful, even going out of their way to aide a customer.
Perfectly situated for tourist attractions and with a bus-stop on the bridge outside and a tube station a couple of minutes walk away it is ideal to connect to elsewhere in London.
The rooms are always clean, the towels in perfect condition, the beds and pillows always clean and comfy. Have yet to find fault with this hotel after numerous stays and have already booked for this september.
The view from room is either St. Katherine's Dock or the River Thanes. Each has something to offer.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
GuomanTower, Manager at The Tower, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write to us. Positive feedback is always welcome and our team take inspiration from knowing that their efforts do not go unnoticed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,782)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

I have titled this comment as such because I got off to a bad start with the hotel. Basically I had to book this hotel literally minutes before I arrived for reasons that are not relevant to this review.
I knew there was a car park on site and I telephoned ahead to see if there were spaces available.The lady on switchboard insisted I needed to speak to the Concierge ( I only wanted a simple yes or no answer) after a staggering ten minutes on hold the Concierge finally answered the telephone. I asked him if there were spaces free he confirmed that there were so I asked if I could reserve one. His reply was very abrupt and he said can`t do that it`s first come first served and put the phone down.
I note from a previous reviewer that they managed to reserve a space so I am a bit puzzled why I could not. I won`t name and shame the individual however the call was made at 2.10pm on 29th May so if the Concierge reads this you know who you are and I suggest you learn some manners.
Upon arrival the reception area was packed however it was also well staffed so check-in was a quick and simple process and done with the utmost courtesy and with a smile.
The room was great with a very comfortable bed and was spotless. Fantastic view of London Bridge too.
Breakfast was a lavish affair catering for all tastes and was more than satisfactory.One minor gripe is the fact that as soon as my knife and fork were put on my clean plate it was whisked away in front of my eyes. I wasn`t asked if I had finished or if I would like more food which annoyed me slightly.
I`ve only rated this Average purely because of the way I was spoken to by the Concierge again I re-iterate that this individual needs some tuition on inter personal skills.Otherwise it would have been a Very Good.
On balance I would recommend to others and possibly use again myself.
If any member of managment of the Hotel read this and would like to know the name of the Concierge then please contact me.
If you take Customer Service seriously the you will.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

Having sworn never to darken the door. again...i ended up back here, and you know what..i was happy. I had a decent size room. unlike the space capsule i had before. I had a really nice view over to Canary Wharf. I had a great nights sleep and genuinely enjoyed the whole experience. Well doneTower Hotel you have moved from shocking pod experience to pleasing big pod experience. I am much happier now but wise to the fact that i will be careful which room i am willing to accept.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank gringottsgoblin
GuomanTower, Manager at The Tower, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at The Tower. I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Customer satisfaction is crucial to us and therefore we are welcoming to all comments whether positive or negative. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

Just got back from a weekend break in London. We stayed at the Tower after booking it through a lastminute.com "top secret hotels" deal.

The hotel is in a great location, about a minute's walk from the Tower of London and Tower bridge. Great views over Tower Bridge and St Katherine's Dock. The Dock area is nice, with several (chain) restaurants to choose from.

The hotel is very nice and the concierge service were very helpful and friendly. They looked after our bags for us before we checked in and after we'd checked out.

4 out of 5 rather than 5 out of 5 because service at the reception desk was slow, the bar prices are extortionate (£13.50 for two vodkas and mixers!) and I'm not sure I'd pay full walk-up price for the rooms.

If you get a good deal, want a nice hotel in a great location, then I'd recommend the Tower. I will definitely try and book the Tower next time I'm looking for a hotel in London

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
GuomanTower, Manager at The Tower, responded to this review, 4 June 2010
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Tower Hotel and the service we provide
I will pass your feedback onto the concierge team.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.
Stockport
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

We stayed in the Tower Hotel in May 2010 for our 5th wedding anniversary. As we were travelling with our 1 year old son we requested a family room so that there would be plenty of space for the cot and for our son to crawl around.
Upon arrival we were extremely disappointed with the room. It was extremely small for a family room and the decor was shabby. The carpet looked like it had been down for about 20 years and had not seen a hoover for a while.
For some unknown reason the hotel had made up the sofa bed so we had to ask that it be folded away as it was taking up the entire room. I now know why they had unfolded the sofa bed - it was to hide the stains on the sofa! The carpet was so dirty that we had to put a duvet on the floor for our son to crawl around on.
The following morning the toilet in our room blocked causing sewage to go on the bathroom floor. As a result we asked to be moved to a different room, which the hotel agreed too, and to be fair the next room was OK, if a bit small.
On the Saturday night my wife was putting our son to bed and I therefore went to the bar for a drink. It was agreed with the lady behind the bar that the drinks could be put on to our room and we could pay for them on checking out. After leaving the bar and returning to our room the in-room phone starting ringing at 11pm. It was the bar downstairs accusing me of running off without paying for drinks and they asked that I return to the bar immediately to settle the bill. The phone ringing woke my son up.
On the positive side, the location is excellent, as is the buffet breakfast and the views of tower bridge are impressive.
However, I would definitely not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GuomanTower, Manager at The Tower, responded to this review, 4 June 2010
First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the obvious inconvenience faced by you that lead to an unpleasant experience at the Tower Hotel.

Regarding your room allocation I can assure you that we do carry out preventive maintenance work and daily Housekeeping checks in all of our rooms. We are also in the process of refurbishing the hotel. However I can fully understand the reasons of your disappointment . We highly value your comments as an opportunity of making ourselves better.

On a positive note, i am happy to hear that you liked the location of the hotel as well as the buffet breakfast.