4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 19/06/21
Priceline
USD 114
Free cancellation until 19/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
USD 91
Free cancellation until 18/06/21
Hotels.comUSD 114
Expedia.comUSD 114
HiltonUSD 115
6,775 results
All reviews edgware road huge hotel paddington station busy hotel heathrow express marble arch family room hyde park
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2016

Located in Lebanese neighborhood near Subway station. Waitrose (Supermarket) and McDonald are a few blocks away, Mark & Spencer (Department store with food section) is across the hotel. Many Lebanese restaurants around.
I have stayed at this hotel more than two dozen times in last two years but not even once I've got a room in which everything works. Sometimes A/C not working, other times no hot water or slow drain. In most rooms, electric outlets for shaver are not marked or worn off and you don't know which are 110V and 220V.
I don't want to take chances, so I make sure my shaver is fully charged before I stay here.

Room tip: Avoid 7th floor in West Tower if you have luggage. There is a set of stairs you have to walk up/down.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank N_the_Traveler
LONME, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback with us.

It is through our guest feedback that we are able to understand where we are being successful and where we have the room in order to make the necessary improvements to enhance the overall guest experience.

We strive to ensure that each and every guest enjoys a convenient and comfortable stay so we’re extremely disappointed to read your comments. We have forwarded this review on to our on-property Facilities team to be looked into. The team are available 24-hours daily. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience which may have been caused.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to ‘make it right’ on your return to London.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Only the excellent breakfast saved a lower score. This very large hotel has a very impersonal feel unfortunately not made up by the accommodation. The executive room gave access to the lounge which was fine but the room itself had major shortcomings and do not like to contemplate the standard rooms. The room was large as was the bathroom. However, the bed frame creaked on every movement, the airconditioning had very limited temperature control and the bathroom decor was very dated. There was no bathrobe or mineral water, normally standard for exec rooms and the toiletries were those found in every Hilton, not the ones often in exec rooms. There were no plug sockets by the bed and it felt in need of modernisation.
Stayed at the Doubletree Tower 3 days earlier which was infinitely better.

Room tip: See if they have any refurbished ones
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Michael958_13

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review following your stay with us.

Whilst we’re pleased that we were able to meet your overall needs; we’re extremely disappointed that we did not ‘wow’ you.

We have brought your review to the attention of our Housekeeping team to have this room looked into as a matter of urgency to ensure that it is up to our high standards of service. Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort which may have been caused.

We are currently in the process of refurbishing our Tower Wing rooms with a more contemporary feel and will most certainly look into the Executive rooms upon its completion. We hope this shows that we are listening to our guest voices.

Once again, thank you for your review and your loyalty to our brand. We truly hope that we will have the opportunity to further exceed your expectations in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Visited London and stayed at this fabulous hotel. Helpful and attentive staff, especially the staff at Herbs & Kitchen. I would recommend staying at this hotel. If ever I'm going to London again, no doubt I'll be staying in this great hotel.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your recent experience with us.

We strive to ensure that each and every guest feels ‘warm and welcome’ during their stay and we’re thrilled to know that we have been successful.

We’re delighted to forward your commendation on to the team at Herb N’ Kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to London!

Reviewed 13 April 2016

Good things first: the check-in was really easy, fast and the receptionist was very polite and friendly. We received a room on the 12th floor in the west wing. The double queen size beds are extremely comfortable. All hotel staff members where nice and friendly. We liked the little lights around the bed frames so you still see at night time without an annoying lamp. the concierge desk was usually busy but they gave good recommendatons. It is good that they have an atm and shop in the hotel if you need anything.
Not so good things: I did not enjoy the food in the hotel. breakfast was typical Hilton standars which is fine but the egg options where just horrible. I tried boilded, scrambled and fried egg and i didnt like one of them. Thankfully they also prepare fresh things so the next day i ordered poched eggs and they where good.
Food in the restaurant in the evening was okay. My friend has steak which was good and I had scallopps and I did not enjoy them. But maybe they where just not prepared to my liking. I would prefer a side plate and butter knife for the bread which was served. We wanted to order wine but the first two wines we ordered where out of stock.
Bar was okay, the piano played automatically and honestly they should hire a real player as it wasnt very good music. the drinks where nice. we ordered fries and chicken wings from the night menu but the chicken wings tasted horrible.
Location is good near the tube and bus station. the area is not to my liking, only shisha bars and eastern european shops around but thankfully you are in other areas quickly enough.
all in all it was good but could have been better.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
LONME, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review following your recent stay.

We’re pleased to read all of the positive feedback from your visit including the warm welcome you received on your arrival, your comfortable and convenient room and our helpful Concierge team.

We are however, disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations, as we aim to achieve with each and every guest. We have forwarded your feedback on to our Food and Beverage Manager to be looked into and we look forward to ‘wowing’ you further in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I've stayed in the Metropole for more years than I care to remember, and I find now that every time I return that the very good it is getting better! Points this time are:
a) an excellent welcome from Daniel on reception
b) a very good system for catering for large numbers at breakfast has been established - now eliminating the long queues which I recall on early visits
c) A good number of well trained and pleasant staff to assist residents - nothing was a problem to them.

Room tip: Just ask for the best available on your booking - the check-in staff will do their best!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Douglas0504
LONME, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your wonderful 5-star review with us.

We’re thrilled to read your delightful review as it proves that we are being successful in our aim to exceed each and every guest expectation.

We’d like to take the time out to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and we truly cannot wait to ‘wow’ you again soon.