“Great location - near tube - well appointed rooms”

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #382 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 October 2012

An upscale shopper's delight. In the heart of Knightsbridge surrounded by designer stores. Very close to Harrods. Wonderful dining options and pub across the street. Breakfast buffet was OK, but expensive. I was surprised by its bad reviews. Lots of selection of hot and cold foods. A nice, safe place to stay in London. Only complaint, is that my door was not locked after the cleaning crew cleaned my room, leaving luggage vulnerable. Luckily nothing was stolen. Wonderful views from my room. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floors for the view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband & I stayed here for one night. We were attending a function nearby & quite simply needed a place to sleep! I looked at the reviews beforehand & was expecting the rooms to be small, so there were no suprises there, however it was very annoying trying to get ready to go out & having to constantly dodge one another!
The bed was very comfy & bathroom did the job. The room became unbearably hot in the night & we had to open the windows as wide as we were able. We were too tired to fiddle with the controls at 5.15 am when we woke sweltering.
We took the option for breakfast because it was the easy option-I should have trusted the previous reviewers!!! Fruit, cereal etc was okay. The juice was wiered, maybe dilute from concentrate? pretty nasty anyway! The 'hot' food was dreadful. For a start it was barely warm. Mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs, hashbrowns & sausages cooked okay, but cold. When I complained to a member of staff he simply checked a machine from under the table, flicked a dial & put it back. A good hotel would have offered me a hot alternative. The bacon was unbelieveable-like shoe leather, so hard I couldn't bite it! It was the same throughout the whole dish of bacon. In the end I gave up, left my food & we left the breakfast room. The McDonalds breakfast we then picked up on the way home won hands down & I hate eating there!!

Room Tip: All rooms appear tiny. My top tip is dont do breakfast here!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deemk
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Found this hotel offer on Travelzoo. Being a 70th Birthday trip we were looking for something a bit special. and were not disappointed. We were offered an upgrade mainly due to a disability that my wife suffers from, locating us on the second floor. The beds and pillows were amongst the most comfortable that we have encountered on our numerous visits to London. The staff, without exception were the most courteous we have come across and made our stay most enjoyable.
One downside note, no heated plates were available in the restaurant for breakfast. This also occured the evening that we had a chinese meal, again in the restaurant.
Hope to return again in December.
Have no hesitation recommending this to others.

Room Tip: Be polite to front of house staff, it goes a long way.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Selected this hotel due to location. Reception staff courteous. Room with a view was small but adequate. TV does its' own thing switching channels and off and on without human input! We like to start the day with a lovely breakfast and I thought this hotel would deliver.... overpriced. Not worth £15 paid. Lack of choice for a hotel of this significance and location, constantly having to ask for items to be replenished. Disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarells
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

I am delighted that the location of the hotel was to your requirements and that my team provided you with the friendly and courteous service expected of the Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge. I am sorry to hear that breakfast was not the experience you had expected and your feedback has been referred to my F&B team regarding the replenishment of items during breakfast service.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We found this hotel via laterooms and it was a "secret pick". The hotel is impressive on first impression but scratching below the surface just a little exposes some negatives. The reception staff were on the whole helpful but a bit curt. We had a twin room that was on the small side but nothing you wouldn't expect from a central London hotel. Our shower did not run hot so we called reception and were quickly moved, to a free upgrade. The second room was a double with a fold out sofa bed and was larger with plenty of space. The other good point was the wonderfully large towels.
Unfortunately from there things get a bit worse. The furnishings are quite tired with flaking paint in the bathroom, rickety sofa bed and broken doors on cupboards. There is also no free WiFi which is a travesty in today's market. Unusually our TV turned on in the middle of the night for no reason (to the home screen), and in our friend's room the TV did not work. We also got a wake up call we did not ask for, which was startling! We did not pay £15 for the breakfast as there is the Knightsbridge Cafe within 5 mins walk that serves very good breakfast at a much more competitive price.
All in all slightly more negative than positive but was fine - had I paid full price for the rooms however I wouldn't have been happy at all.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Suzy S

Thank you for your review which is greatly appreciated. I am however; disappointed to see that you experienced issues with both rooms allocated to you. Rest assured we are constantly maintaining and re-decorating our rooms and on this occasion it appears we have fallen short on our standards, for which I apologise.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge.

Kind regards