1,447 results
All reviewstangerine cafele chinoisgreat locationharvey nicholshyde parkclub roomconcierge deskrooms are smalltube stationsuperior roomafternoon teabooked this hotelfull english breakfastvillarsloanundergrounddoorman
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I'm currently writing this review from my Blackberry because the Internet in the room is TERRIBLE! As a business traveler, this is concern no. 1 for me and the fact that this property has the audacity to charge 15 pounds for non-existent, spotty and God-awful Internet. For a 4-star property, it leaves a lot wanting...the ONLY saving grace is location. If you plan on getting on the Internet, do not come here.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank ferasg
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to let you know that we have completed a full assessment of the service. Changes to our wifi access points should eliminate these issues and we will be monitoring the service closely. I am sorry that your experience had such a large impact on your stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

This scorching review could have been avoided BUT when I get railroaded by admin/exc types (read management) covering there butt...I draw the line..so listen up fellow travelers.

I booked the Millennium Mayfair and was shocked that there was spotty sketchy internet in this hotel...after 8 hours of travel...when I complained they advised me to leave my room with my lap top and find a place in the hotel where I could get reception...like I am going to roam around a hotels hall ways and stair wells (can you hear me now)...the second day no improvement so I went to reception and asked for a new hotel an they graciosly booked me into the Mayfair sister hotel which worked out well. So at this point I decided to let sleeping dogs lie. Then I get the following email a few weeks later

"Guest Relations contacted you earlier today, following your recent stay and your dissatisfaction regarding the Wi-fi connection.

Taking your comments very seriously, we checked the connectivity in that area of the hotel and as you will see from the report, it has shown that the wireless signal was at full strength. I am aware that on occasions, the signal can become distorted and therefore; we are putting in place procedures for such eventualities.

Caroline Tooth
PA to General Manager
Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge"

A brief summary of my reply...It is well known that you internet connection is a disaster ask your staff and your complaining clients. You show me a report saying it was fine! You should be ashamed that a hotel that is considered upper end in price and location is in the dark ages when it comes to its internet capabilities. I met random strangers in a Pub that commented that Millennium Hotel has awful Internet and told me everyone-in-the-know stays at the Marriott in Mayfair because they have great service and Internet connection. You are suffering from delusion and will continue to be panned by ex-guests and on TripAdvisor until you admit you have TERRIBLE Internet access and do something about it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank dfordboston
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the service we provided and our response. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at the Millenium for nearly a week and had plenty of experiences to drawn on for this review. I have to say this wasn't my favourite place to stay in London but there are some definite plusses going for it.

The positives:

GREAT staff - all hours. We had lots of issues with our room (A/C not working, plugs out, showerhead broken, issues with housekeeping). Whilst this isn't a ringing endorsement of the hotel itself, the way the staff handled each and every issue was SPOT ON! For a 4* hotel with mostly non-British staff, there was nothing I could fault any of the staff we encountered - front desk, bar, housekeeping, room service and anyone we got on the phone. They were extremely helpful and very polite. That was 6 nights of various encounters and not one put a step wrong... well done!!

Coffee Maker in the room (love that) and a mini-bar that was very cold.

Okay toiletries that were replaced daily.

Good shower pressure and tempature (after it was fixed).

Several lifts/elevators so you didn't have to wait too long.

Close to the Knightsbridge tube station and about a 10 minute walk to Sloane Square.

So, those are the highlights. I had a few issues which I won't delve in (I would have given this an average for any other hotel, but the service bumped up the rating):

Rooms were small even for London (bedroom & ensuite)... no room for our luggage even (though we did prepay the cheapest room and this usually doesn't get you top of the pick).

The walls, carpets, and furnishings were a bit dated and needing TLC. Nothing outright horrible, but not really good either (dents, stains, and general neglect... again, not out of the ordinary for London honestly unless you're staying somewhere really nice).

Not one single newsagent/shop to get snacks/water, etc. nearby. Its in Knightsbridge... if you want to get a Chanel handbag, you're sorted... a bottle of Diet Coke - you're totally out of luck! We would have to shop in town and bring back... a pain for sure. There's nowhere nearby just to get a quick snack or drink.

There was a definite lack of plugs. There were loads at the desk, but then nothing else - so if you wanted to iron (none in the room, but they brought up readily), you would use the only other singular available plug. Two girls sharing having a lot more plugs needed for blow-dryers, curling tongs, etc.

I won't be staying here again, but I wouldn't discourage anyone who has a good deal on this place from taking advantage unless the things I highlighted above are real issues for you. You could do a WHOLE LOT WORSE and I'm a bit spoiled by staying in some really nice London hotels.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank soshbfly
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Your feedback regarding my team is greatly appreciated and your comments rearding the decor & furnishings have been taken on board. I do hope that you have the opportunity to return to London soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

“Staff we met were very helpful especially the concierge Mr Amile he's the best in London ,,he has an answer for any question I have "

• Stayed: June 2012

Your kind review has been shared personally with Emile and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

From our arrival when greeted by the doorman through booking in, settling in and leaving, all staff were excellant, the right mix of helpfull, courteous and professional. Set in a convenient, central location with a stunning modern decor this hotel will be a first consideration for our next trip to the capital. To be honest the stay was made by the excellant concierge team, nothing was to much trouble, from helping retrieve items from our car to ensuring we had a taxi the moment we needed to leave for dinner they were first rate. Having stayed in many hotels the staff here ensured that this was one of our most memorable trips and for all the right reasons.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was so memorable and that you received the high level of service we aspire to. I do hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us again.