See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I arrived here after booking a £200+ room under duress due to a BA IT catastrophe. When I arrived, exhausted, I was sent to their King's Cross location due to "mechanical difficulties". I was told by their employee that "the other five guests who also had to move were just as upset as you are" and that I couldn't call her manager because "he was sleeping". DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE. I was price gouged and lied to with no recourse. DO NOT STAY HERE. Based on the other reviews, I never would have except that I was in a bind. I took a chance and was talen advantage of -don't make the same mistake.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Margaret T
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Was on the 3rd floor. A few flights of stairs to walk up as no lift. Room was very small with en suite bathroom. Only shower no bath, the shower cubicle was tiny and don't know how slightly larger framed guest would fit in it! Towels provided were small. Carpets in the hallway and stairs to get to the 3rd floor were grubby and needed a good clean. Could hear every floor board creak from Guests who were in the room above . Search for a better option of you are wanting to stay in Paddington.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2017

You pay for location! The rooms are not relaxing and its a struggle getting up the front door stairs with heavy luggage. The building have no lifts. The tea tray in the room and stained tea sachets and a kettle that was dirty. There was a hole/ missing tile under the shower.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2017

One of the things that I did not realize is that there is no lift - that was difficult for me as I had a room at almost the topmost floor. So that meant a huge luggage coming from Asia having to be lugged all the way up! The booking that I made was for a 24 sqm room and which also in the AGODA website showed such a room so I booked the room that was depicted. So when I received my keys to the 1st room what a disaster - a 9 sqm room instead of a 24 sqm room as suggested and as reflected in pics on the website!!!! Worse as yet I discovered the room I got was a 9 sqm with no toilet but only a shower was included. So for relieving myself I needed to go outside my room to the public toilet which did not smell too good and then for shower I could do it in the room??? What was the logic of that and why would I book such a room??? I booked a room with every amenity within the private confines of a room. So I naturally took this up with the reception and he could not help and no manager was there to attend to my case. Eventually I called AGODA and spent SGD 60 talking to someone on the phone who tried her best to help but the BEST that was done was that the reception would be moving me to a 12 sqm room with a shower and toilet in the room (thank god)and it was really a take-it-or-leave-it situation - so I took it and WORSE THING POSSIBLE - it was considered an "UPGRADE" so even though I paid already a lot of money I was told I needed to cough up a total of 60 pounds more (20 pounds each night) to "UPGRADE" to the room...what a joke!! I was disappointed but because I was tired and almost 3h spent wasting my precious holiday time I conceded. AGODA advised that I would be paid 60 pounds back but I have not actually written in to them. So anyway my conclusion is that I don't think SO Paddington should even be 3 stars as reflected in the website. I rate it a no star hotel. The only thing great is their location literally 500 meters away from Paddington Express!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Beattrice H
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group. While my room, #103, was pretty decent (clean and very quiet, since it was at the back of the hotel), others of my group had some criticisms. A few of the rooms had mold in the showers, and the ones in the basement smelled. The people in my group who were assigned those rooms requested, and happily received, room changes. My room had no electrical outlets in the bathroom, so I was forced to unplug the coffee maker in the room to use the blow dryer, and had to stand outside the bathroom. The breakfast was OK, basically continental, but the coffee was pretty bad. The staff working the breakfast room were very nice, though. For some reason the lights were never on in the breakfast room, so the only lighting came from the windows that faced the street.

The big draw of this place was the location. It's less than five minutes to Paddington Station, which means that we were able to get everywhere we needed in 20 minutes or fewer. In addition, it was a very easy transfer from Paddington to King's Cross/St. Pancras as we subsequently went to Paris on the Eurostar. Therefore, I would say that if you can get a room at the back of the hotel that is clean, it's a good option if you are not planning to spend much time in the room.

Room Tip: While the hotel itself was quiet, the rooms at the front were subject to a lot of street noise. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends