London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Ranked #300 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The hotel is outside of the congestion zone. The subway (jubilee line) takes you in about 10 minutes to Bond Street. Bus 13 is a nice alternative if you like to see where your going. It is a direct line to Piccadilly Circus and takes about 25 minutes depending on traffic.
The hotel is a standard Marriott with very friendly staff and good size rooms. Breakfast was nothing special (Don't spend any extra money on it if you have lounge access. The lounge is open for breakfast 7 days a week and serves about the same breakfast as downstairs.) Diner was excellent and we found the prices reasonable for European standards.

Room Tip: Don't take room 502. It is directly beneath the lounge on the 6th floor, which has a wooden floo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,280)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Never written a review before but after my last visit I felt compelled to write one. I'd disagree with the comment below regarding lack of helpfulness from the front desk. I was waiting less than 2 minutes and girl on the front desk could not have done more to make me feel welcome. All the staff acknowledged me by name (a very nice touch from such a large chain hotel). I always try and stay at chain hotels so you know what you're getting. With this I got far more than what I paid for and hats off to all the staff who work there. As far as internet costs.........buy a dongle locally if internet is a must.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference in London.

The hotel is conveniently located about a 5 minute walk from Swiss Cottage underground station and shops.

Check in was very efficient and friendly and the staff in the reception area were very professional. This was also the case for every member of staff I met. I checked in and went to my room (428) on the 4th floor. It looked like it had just been refurbished with nice furniture and bedding with a very comfortable bed. I did not have a good nights sleep on this first night as the room faced a very busy road and there was a cover missing off the air vent on the patio door which made it extremely noisy. I went to reception the following morning to ask if I could change rooms which was done straight away and the replacement room (410) was much quieter. However, this room had not been refurbished and looked a bit old and tired but the bed was still comfortable.

There were a couple of issues during my stay that irritated me. The switch for the bathroom light was broken and I had to report this to reception the following morning as I could not turn the bathroom light off. This was fixed during the day but the mess that was made when fixing this light was not cleaned up. Also, during the 3 nights I stayed there, I did not have the room cleaned once despite not having my do not disturb sign on the door.

Breakfast was nice and there was a good variety of items including omelettes made to order and a number of healthy options. It was a nice touch that the restaurant staff remembered my name every morning I went to breakfast.

I am not sure if I would stay here again due to the fact that it would be pot luck if you got a noisy room or not and the fact that housekeeping was so poor.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not overlook the main road. Room 410 is quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank flyman2009
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I spent 4 nights at the property. The good things about the property was the room, location to tube station, cleanliness of property, service at the concierge, and breakfast buffet. The negative was the lack of helpfulness by the front desk and the ridiculous high rates for internet use.
Having stayed at other properties in London, it was nice to see a room that was modern and large in size. It is a 5 minute walk to the Swiss Cottage tube stop. The concierge was very helpful and knowledgable with all of my questions. The hotel is is great condition and VERY clean. The buffet every morning is worth the price, just which they would change the menu a little from day to day.
When I checked in, I was not welcomed or thanked for staying with them nor was I recognized as a Marriott Rewards member. It felt like the lady was doing me a favor. Not exactly the way I wanted to start my stay. The internet fee is absurd. I have no problem paying for it but 15 pounds for 24 hours or 6 pounds for 1 hour is ridiculous!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed at the Regents Park Hotel during our Chritmas Holiday. The rooms very nice and comfortable. The restaurant was a little pricey. The location was really convenient for us since you had the option of taking the bus and also could walk to the underground station. There is a small convenient store to the left hand side, once you exist the hotel. Their prices are really good and they have a variety of snacks.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family