2,439 results
All reviewscromwell roadgloucester stationnatural historypiccadilly linethe royal albert hallbreakfast roomminute walksingle roomjunior suitebreakfast was includedexcellent locationhyde parkconvenient locationrooms are smalltea and coffeewest endtube
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Based on my experience with four star hotels in London and elsewhere in Europe and numerous stays in 2 and 3 star hotels in this city I was Somewhat let down this time. For the rate I paid of around €150 per night including breakfast I e pelted better. The room was ok but I felt somewhat unwelcome when I checked in and simlar lack of enthusiasm in the customer when I checked out- I wasn't asked whether I had enjoyed my stay. The breakfast was rather mediocre and unbefitting of a four star hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Gordon B
Aflal J, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Gordon B,

Thank you for staying with us at the Park International Hotel, and thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

I am sorry that the hotel services fell short of your expectation. Your feedback is something that I will certainly address with the team and ensure we maintain a consistency in high service standards.

Please be assured that our rates are fair, comparatively in a competitive Central London market, and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Upon checking into this hotel, we (my teenaged daughter and myself) were early upon checkin. We were able to check our bags at the concierge. The lady checking us in was stolid faced, with no compassion to our early arrival. We anticipated we would not have a room ready and went off for a Kensington Walk. We arrived back to the hotel at 13:00 and so very happy with the news that our room was ready an hour before the official checkin time.

We had room 106, which, yes is larger than others (we were told, and have nothing to compare to) but had a half staircase to climb up to and then a quarter down to the hallway of our room. The room was lovely. After getting into the room, we heard a crash; the light fixture above the toilet had fallen to the ground. It was fixed by the time we returned back from dinner. Our shower would not drain and it took 3 separate complaints until it was attended to, however.

The following day my handbag was stolen in Covent Garden. As traumatic as it was, I returned to the hotel and asked the desk clerk, Patricia (the stolid faced checkin clerk) who met me at the desk. With a clearly upset demeanor and tear stained face, I explained what I had endured and asked for new room keys with a new code to the room, as ours were stolen. She was frigid and informed me she could NOT give me a new room. This is not what I asked for and told her AGAIN I just wanted new keys, to which she replied that she would give us new cards with the same code since "the hotel name isn't on the key cards." This was unacceptable and the rudeness in which she treated us was intolerable. Another desk clerk heard the situation and immediately handled the situation in giving us new keys and key codes. Needless to say, we avoided the reception if we saw her attending to it for the remainder of our trip.

That evening we realized our charging cords were missing, since they had been in my handbag. I went to the reception and the most amazing desk clerk, Peter, located one for us to use for the evening to charge my daughter's mobile phone. He was helpful to us for the remainder of the weekend he was on his shifts! A total professional going above the call of duty to help out.

The area is nice and close to the Gloucester Station Tube. Walking distance with some good restaurants located nearby.

I would stay here again, however only if the frigid desk clerk was either dismissed or re-trained.

Room Tip: Room 106 has an alley view which is removed from Cromwell Road. No late night traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Aimee M
Aflal J, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Aimee M,

Thank you for staying with us at the Park International Hotel and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I spoke to the receptionist in question, She read your review and profusely apologised that her intentions were misunderstood.

The hotel was full on the day you checked-in. We did not have any rooms available at the time. I see on records that Patricia allocated a room to your reservation, and informed housekeeping to give priority to clean the room. This was to get your room as soon as possible, and ensure we give you a room before the standard check in time.

I am sorry for the loss of your handbag that occurred in our City..Patricia told me that you were worried that your key was in the handbag, and someone may gain access to your room. At this time Patricia had tried to re-assure you that our key cards does not hold room numbers or hotel details. Therefore, there was no security concern. Once again, please accept both our apologies if Patricia's intentions were misread. Generally Patricia is a very happy, bubbly soul who goes out of the way to assist guests. Many guests have recognised her service and acknowledged this in reviews, and in person.

Thank you for highlighting the outstanding service provided by Peter. I will share your feedback with him.

I wish to welcome you back on your next London visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

My mom and I went in to the hotel in July 28th and we were arranged in a room that was in the basement. There is no window, the exit door in the corridor was not locked. So we went up to the counter and requested to change the room. A lady was nice enough to switch us to the other room that was on the 4th floor.
Overall the location is great, very near to the station, and the staffs are nice.
Highly recommend for tourists to stay in!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Angela W,

Thank you for staying with us at the Park International Hotel. I am sorry that the first room was not up to your expectation and moced to an alternative room, and thank you for highlighting the helpfulness of our team.

I am glad you had a comfortable stay.

We look forward to your next visit.

Aflal- Operations Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week, and the location is wonderful. Walking distance to many things and not far from the tube either. The staff was very friendly and the rooms are clean. They have great A/C, which with the heatwave we encountered was key. The breakfast was fine, not great, but not bad either. Rooms can be a bit small, and the bathroom felt like we were on a cruise ship...but overall it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank felises
Aflal J, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear felises,

Thank you for staying with us at the Park International Hotel, and thank you for your feedback.

I am glad you had a comfortable stay.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I was a bit concerned after reading some of the negative reviews about the hotel, all apprehensions disappeared on check in and entering our room (413). The check in staff were polite and welcoming.
We booked a standard twin room and room 413 far exceeded our expectations for size, cleanliness, facilities and overall ambience. Every facility that one would expect from a 5star hotel is in the room.
Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking Cromwell Road, due to the double glazing there was no noise and despite the heat outside the Air Con was more than adequate.
The position of the hotel in this most expensive part of London is great, minutes walk from Gloucester Road tube station and all the amenities of the area.
We are ex-Londoners know the area inside out and have lived in it for over 40 years and are more than delighted to recommend this hotel as the value for money and standard offered is exceptional in a very expensive area in a very expensive city.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank julian_asgaralli
Aflal J, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear julian_asgaralli,

It is with great pleasure that I read of your visit to The Park International Hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you appreciated the attention to detail provided by our teams, and the value for money that we offer. Thank you for highlighting this to other reviewers.

We strive to deliver perfection to each and every guest and it is a pleasure to hear that our efforts have not gone unnoticed.

I do hope to welcoming you back to The Park International Hotel in the very near future.

With kind regards,