Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 131
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 89
USD 84
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 119/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 187
USD 212
USD 181
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross(London)(Great Value!)
USD 94
USD 82
Priceline
USD 492
USD 438
  • Pool
1,089 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 February 2018

It is easy to complain about any hotel stay: we are away from home, and things are not always as we like them. For this reason, I am reluctant to give any property a one star rating. However, our night at the Cromwell International was so awful I find myself with no choice.

Our room was on the third floor. The receptionist showed us to the lift. (an ancient, slow, dirty and cramped affair) which creaked upwards and eventually deposited us at a small landing. Our room was 309. The room numbers on this landing go to 306 and no further. After trying several doors, and going up and down several staircases, we finally found 309 on a lower floor, apparently half-way between floors two and three. A simple plaque on the wall giving directions would have saved five minutes frustration, lugging cases about. Failing this, someone could have actually shown us to our room. As we approached room 309, the corridor narrowed alarmingly, and there was a smell of smoke. (Presumably some guest breaking the no-smoking rules.)

Inside the room was immediately disappointing: we had booked a Super-king room, which sounds rather grand. This one was cramped and smelly with a dirty carpet and torn curtains. The "super-king" bed was twin beds pushed together. One wardrobe door handle was loose, there was no bulb in one of the bedside lights. The bed-coverings were the thinnest I have ever encountered, and the room had no heating at all, and this on one of the coldest nights of the year. I went back down to ask for the heating to be fixed, and was told a handyman would come round. He never arrived, but we found a convector heater in the wardrobe. This made a constant ticking noise, but at least raised the temperature a degree or so above absolute zero.

The promised en-suite bathroom was actually a shower room. A mysterious vent in the middle of the floor turned out to be the source of the unpleasant odour which permeated the bedroom.

There was no welcome literature in the room, no directions on how to use the phone or the shower or the wi-fi. The shower was actually extremely dangerous in use, as it had three knobs and two buttons, but none of these were labelled: not even a blue or red dot to the temperature control. In actual operation, none of the controls had any effect on the temperature of the water, which simply got hotter and hotter. My wife scalded herself, and was unable even to exit the cubicle, as the interior door handle was missing. She found herself trapped for several seconds in a locked compartment with her feet in a pool of unbearably hot water which refused to drain away.

As bedtime approached, and with the prospect of a night spent shivering under a two-tog duvet looming, I went back down to reception to request blankets. I was informed that it was not hotel policy to supply guests with blankets, and anyway, they didn't have any.

It will come as no surprise to learn that we slept very little that night in this miserable hotel that cares nought for customer comfort, safety or satisfaction. Cold, miserable and covered with overcoats and towels for what heat we could muster, we could not wait for morning. We did not stay for breakfast, which cost extra, anyway.

Do not, I implore you, book to stay at the Cromwell until there is a change of management. Only a night on a bench in Hyde Park could possibly be a worse experience.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fossicker66
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I stay in London 2 nights every week. I don't write reviews normally because in London it is hit and miss. But I had to rite this review. Checked into a room that was occupied with someone in the shower. 4 hours to locate a iron and iron board. No light in lift pitch black could not see anything. Lock broken on door to room not secure. All staff I come across was like a faulty towers special.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank etlnltr
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I had a superior double room (2 single beds pushed together but I was on my own so not a problem this time) which was a good size and clean. It was was on the 4th floor at the front, traffic noise was tolerable. The bed was really comfortable, there was only a light duvet but the temperature was just right so I was neither too hot or too cold.
Minor niggles in the bathroom, no plug in the basin, loose grab rail next to bath, shower temperature rather unstable and no drinking glass for water.
I didn’t bother with the breakfast which didn’t look great, but for my purposes it was pretty ideal.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I got an individual room up in the fifth floor- the elevator only gets till the 4th-, which was quite small.
Wifi would only work at the reception. They said they were fixing it; but in 3 days they didn't.
Breakfast was just average. would have expected something better with that price.
Not coming back

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank j0sepng
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

It isn't the best of hotels but it is well located as the subway is 10 mins away. The staff was very nice but we found a cockroach! Also, we didn't have extra covers for the bed although it's the middle of winter.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple