“byron london”
Review of The Byron Hotel

The Byron Hotel
Ranked #541 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 March 2012

situated in a lovely place -cul d sac so quiet. rooms were a bit small, but everything was clean and the beds were comfy,so slept well.didnt partake of bfast as it was extra, & didnt do evening meal but loads of lovely restaurants etc at end of the road and you felt safe walking about in the evening. the morning staff were very helpful, and helped us plan our route with bus numbers, stations etc . very adequate .

Room Tip: only saw ours but it was on the road and not too noisy and we had the window open a bit.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank joyce w
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Joyce W,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay with us. I was delighted to read that you had a good night sleep and found our rooms very clean and comfortable. Our staff is often recognised for their exceptional customer service. Our fantastic location makes Byron hotel a perfect base from which to explore London and what better way to start your day with our popular English breakfast.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Byron Hotel again soon.

Carmen Gomez.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Travelled to London as a couple for 5 nights - hotel easy to find - near Queensway tube stop.

Room clean, fresh towels etc every day, staff very friendly and helpful.
Reasonable prices and a great location, close to Hyde Park.
Enjoyed our short stay very much.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillEIsleofMan

Dear Reviewer,

It’s wonderful to read that such a senior reviewer as yourself rates us so highly.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment on your recent stay at The Byron Hotel. I am happy that we positively contributed to your trip in London. Most of our guests would echo your thoughts about the Byron hotel. It’s a very clean and modern hotel which provides comfortable yet affordable accommodation in the heart of London.

Now I look forward to welcome you back at The Byron Hotel.

Warm Regards,
Carmen Gomez.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I had little time preparing this trip due to renovations at my own house. What I got was sadly even below my lowest expectations. I must say that i have stayed in a few hotels arouns the world already and this is my worst experience so far.

Our room (25) was not up to standard. The walls, doors and ceiling were dirty. The room itself was tiny. We even had problems deciding where to put our empty bag so we could still move around. The springs in our ancient, cheap mattress awoke me and my wife several times each night.
The bathroom was, unbelievebly, even worse. The shower has mold (a lot of mold) and the shower door is broken, causing the bathroom floor to flood every time. The showerhead sprays water everywhere except where it is needed/wanted and is mounted too low for a 1.85 m man.

The room is an example of bad craftsmanship and gives the impression that only the fastest and cheapest solutions will do for the byron hotel. Our waste bin was rusty, fosset leaky.... The fact that this doesn't get fixed gives me the idea that they just don't care.

On to breakfast. After an akward conversation in something that wasn't English with the staff we were seated. The continental breakfast was shokingly poor. Sandwiches from a bag, cheap toppings and even worse tasting fruit juice. I took one bite from a croissant to realise I was gonna stick to toast for the remainder of my stay. We also ordered the full English Breakfast. I know that English food has a bad reputation but this was a bunch of re-heated, freezer-bought, bad quality food. The eggs were not spiced and kept heated from the start to the end. It was all tasteless. To add insult to injury the staff was chatting among themselves instead of taking care of it's guests. When i was there they had plenty of time to make the eggs instead of offering me that bain marie goo. I also witnessed twice that a dropped fork was simply picked up from the dirty floor and put back on the table. Not to the hightest standard of hygiene.

Our English breakfast was included but I later heard that other guests payed an extra 7.5 pounds for it. I was, quite frankly, offended by that!

Staff was inefficient, unfriendly and rude. I asked for a restaurant recommandation once and got directed to the nearest tourist trap. I asked for a socket adapter and was given a broken one. All this without a friendly word or smile.

I wrote the hotel manager an email after my return. An answer is still pending after a 2 week wait.

Room Tip: rooms in any other hotel will be beter
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank P G
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at least 10 times at the Byron Hotel within three years. Our last stay was in November 2011.
The hotel is close to 2 tube stations (Bayswater and Queensway), close to buses stations too. On Queensway you can find all sort of restaurants, shops, supermarkets and a commercial center (Whiteleys). Oxford Street is at 20 minutes walk along (or through)Hyde Park. For all these reasons, Byron Hotel is a great location.
Rooms are not huge (but it is really possible to let your suitcases open in the room). Rooms are comfortable and clean. During our different stays was had at least 8 different rooms and always have been pleased with them. They all have a flat screen TV (but no french channel). Air conditioned is appreciate. All rooms have a hairdryer, a boiler for water. Some rooms have recently been renewed.
The hotel is quiet as well for rooms in the front ( street) than for rooms on the back.
If you don't have an English breakfast the only weak point is the continental breakfast. You can eat as much as you want but it should be appreciate to have british traditional pastries such as scones, crumpets etc...and not only toasts and common pastries.
Check in and check out are quick and the staff at the front desk is friendly and helpful, always ready to give you a piece of advice in order to make of your stay a nice stay in London.
Byron hotel is our favorite address in London , we'll go back there next time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear MM109

Thank you so much for your kind comments following your most recent stay at the Byron hotel.

We are delighted to have you at our hotel every time you visit London. As you rightly mentioned, our location and staff has always been our strongest points. We renovate our rooms on a regular basis to give it a fresh look and keep up with our high quality standards. Now we look forward to welcome you back at the Byron hotel.

Carmen Gomez

Reviewed 29 February 2012

First time stayer on business. Very nice experience. Hotel is clean and well furnished. I had a compact double room en suite that was ideal for my needs. Free daily wifi for the first hour. Nominal charge if needed for longer. Very competitively prices for Market it is looking to attract. definitely would consider staying again.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank 1879fulham

Dear 1879fulham

Thank you for reviewing the Byron Hotel.

I am happy to see from your review that we have exceeded your expectations. Byron Hotel is ideally situated for your visit to London, be it business or pleasure. All our rooms are professionally designed to provide modern standards of comfort yet at affordable prices.

Thank you again and I sincerely hope to welcome you back at the Byron.

Carmen Gomez