“Fantastic service in the middle of Mayfair”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service in the middle of Mayfair”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I booked three rooms for two nights over the weekend. Any problems that we encountered were very swiftly dealt with and as a guest of a hotel you could not ask for anything more than that. I have already booked to go again as I can always book with confidence that the hotel meets my expectation.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Lake City
Reviewed 15 April 2012

What a great welcoming place to come to after the flight from the US! We were greeted by name every time we went to the front desk. The room was tiny but very comfortable and the bathroom was complete with toiletries. We booked tours through the concierge, had afternoon tea, and enjoyed drinks in the evening in the bar. We took full advantage of the hotel. You couldn't find a better, central location in London and a more welcoming hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

suffolk
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The Chesterfield continues to provide excellent service and we enjoyed another three days at our favourite hotel in London. The service continues to be a highlight with everyone welcoming you back after a tiring day so you feel you happy to return. Thank you for treating us on this visit with such a good deal, we appreciated it. Breakfasts were once again lovely and the porridge continues to be a personal favourite, please dont take it off the menu even in summer.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the porridge at breakfast you so enjoyed with us; I am sure our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The hotel is very comfortable and has a convenient and quiet location. It has a good blend of high standards, friendliness and informality.

The Mayfair Weekend that includes full English breakfasts, an afternoon tea and bottle of champagne is good value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your writing such a lovely review and for taking the time to give us your feedback.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy our brilliant Mayfair Weekend Package. Thank you for all of your positive comments and I will be sure to pass these on to our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2012

After reading the TA reviews, I booked a superior king room at this hotel, despite the fact that room sizes were not provided on their website. I then submitted an inquiry through the website requesting the room size and the price of breakfast.
I immediately received an auto reply from the managing director advising me that I would be contacted from someone from the hotel or by someone from Avoya travel, their "travel partner".
Within an hour I received a) a form email and b) a phone call from Avoya saying that they had been given my email by the hotel and that they would be happy to assist me if I emailed or phoned them. Neither communication provided an answer to my questions. The bulk of the email was to tell me that they had many promotions that they were sure would interest me.

I then phoned the American contact number only to discover that they knew nothing about the hotel. I was transferred to an agent who, they assured me, would be able to help, and she knew nothing about the hotel. She said she could get the information and call me back in about half an hour. I told her not to bother and called the hotel myself.
I was informed that their superior King room, the largest non-suite room, was 156 sq. ft. Now, I've been to London many times and know that hotel rooms can be small, but I've never encountered quite this small a room - perhaps the reason the hotel website doesn't provide room sizes!
The most disappointing part of the whole experience was the difficulty obtaining information from the hotel and their "agents". A fact which I felt didn't bode well for the service which would be provided in the hotel itself.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank boundary
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

I would like to apologise most sincerely for the poor experience you recently had when making your reservation. I would like to assure this is not the level and standard of service we pride ourselves on at the Chesterfield Mayfair.

Your queries were dealt with an independent 3rd party who I am sorry to say on this occasion was not did not provide the personal level of service we expect. I regret we were unaware of the situation while you were still booked in the hotel as we would have done our best to resolve the situation immediately for you.

For any future reservations please do contact our Reservations team directly on 0207 958 7729 or via email bookch@rchmail.com who will be happy to assist. I hope look forward to welcoming you to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel