“A Very Pleasant Weekend”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
York, United Kingdom
“A Very Pleasant Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

The hotel is very comfortable and has a convenient and quiet location. It has a good blend of high standards, friendliness and informality.

The Mayfair Weekend that includes full English breakfasts, an afternoon tea and bottle of champagne is good value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your writing such a lovely review and for taking the time to give us your feedback.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy our brilliant Mayfair Weekend Package. Thank you for all of your positive comments and I will be sure to pass these on to our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

After reading the TA reviews, I booked a superior king room at this hotel, despite the fact that room sizes were not provided on their website. I then submitted an inquiry through the website requesting the room size and the price of breakfast.
I immediately received an auto reply from the managing director advising me that I would be contacted from someone from the hotel or by someone from Avoya travel, their "travel partner".
Within an hour I received a) a form email and b) a phone call from Avoya saying that they had been given my email by the hotel and that they would be happy to assist me if I emailed or phoned them. Neither communication provided an answer to my questions. The bulk of the email was to tell me that they had many promotions that they were sure would interest me.

I then phoned the American contact number only to discover that they knew nothing about the hotel. I was transferred to an agent who, they assured me, would be able to help, and she knew nothing about the hotel. She said she could get the information and call me back in about half an hour. I told her not to bother and called the hotel myself.
I was informed that their superior King room, the largest non-suite room, was 156 sq. ft. Now, I've been to London many times and know that hotel rooms can be small, but I've never encountered quite this small a room - perhaps the reason the hotel website doesn't provide room sizes!
The most disappointing part of the whole experience was the difficulty obtaining information from the hotel and their "agents". A fact which I felt didn't bode well for the service which would be provided in the hotel itself.

11 Thank boundary
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

I would like to apologise most sincerely for the poor experience you recently had when making your reservation. I would like to assure this is not the level and standard of service we pride ourselves on at the Chesterfield Mayfair.

Your queries were dealt with an independent 3rd party who I am sorry to say on this occasion was not did not provide the personal level of service we expect. I regret we were unaware of the situation while you were still booked in the hotel as we would have done our best to resolve the situation immediately for you.

For any future reservations please do contact our Reservations team directly on 0207 958 7729 or via email bookch@rchmail.com who will be happy to assist. I hope look forward to welcoming you to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012 via mobile

Great facility, terrific room and nice intimate bar setting.

Also, great location near Green Park underground station.

Stayed March 2012
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

This has to be one of the finest hotels I have stayed in (and preferred it to my stay in a riverview suite at The Savoy) staff are amazing, impeccable mannered ,respectful and with useful information on travel,local restaurants , We stayed in a King room on the 4th floor it was calm,quiet and immaculate!just what we needed on a break without the children ,in short we cannot wait to for another excuse to have a weekend away and we know where we are going to stay!,oh nearly forgot Full English breakfast is a must :)

Langley, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here to celebrate a variety of events kicking off our 2012 year. The staff went out of their way to recognize both our 30th Anniversary as well as my wife's completion of her Masters degree. Personal touches like that are what make a good hotel great.

The staff and service was excellent and certainly warrant no complaints from us. The location of the hotel is truly central; it is easy to walk to most anywhere you want to go. It would be nicer if London would relocate the Green Park tube line a little closer, but I don't think that's too likely! :)

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that we were able to welcome you for such a special trip. I am pleased that all the extra little touches helped to make your stay with so memorable.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.