“The chesterfield a truly english experience.”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Galway, Ireland
“The chesterfield a truly english experience.”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

we stayed at the chesterfield for 3 nights from the 24th of feb this year and i must say it was truely a relaxing, enjoyable stay. The staff are friendly and genuiene giving the hotel that extra nugget of traditional english charm which was a nice touch in a hotel located right in the heart of london making us feel very at home and comfortable throughout the 3 nights we stayed. As we were on a romantic break the staff had just the right level of friendly chit chat and manner without being too overbearing which one might find in other hotels but not the chesterfield!
Its location is right in the centre of mayfair which was amazing as you are about 15 mins walk from all the major tourist locations as well as a 5 minute walk from greenpark tube station which has acess to all the major underground stations in the area. The neighbouhood is really clean and safe and if you just want a romantic walkabout its quite the spot. Its many cafes and restaurants allow you to really get a feel for the area also.

The room was beautiful and quite clean and really created a relaxing romantic atmosphere and with each room in the hotel having its own theme it truely gave a unique feeling to the trip. as it was my partners birthday the hotel staff had placed a card and cake in the room on out arrival which was quite a nice touch. one can tell the staff are quite dedicated to making your stay as relaxing and memorable as possible. The bed itself was so comfortable and as the hotel is quite and realxing if you want a good nights sleep you are guarenteed to wake up feeling a million dollars.
The food is also out of this world with a wide variety of choice on offer and although we are currently experiencing a recession i believe in paying for good qualtiy and if thats what you are after the chesterfield is for you. The chesterfield is quite reasonable in its room rate for the quality of care and attention the staff give and in my honest opinion i will most certainly be back even just for the bed alone!

3 Thank grace k
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review.

I am thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and the room was to your liking. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you highlighting what a brilliant location we have; I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Dublin
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I spend three nights in the Chesterfield when in London on business recently and I can't speak more highly of the place. I got a beautiful corner room with pleasent views of the Mayfield streets below. The breakfast was delicious, in particular the freshly made smoothie. I look forward to returning to this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pac16
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review from your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful business trip with us. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and to enjoy some more smoothies at breakfast!

Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed at the Chesterfield overnight on 25th February. Everything was delightful. Our beautiful room was themed around music: I had visited for tea ten days before, and somebody had noticed that I had a viola with me. Meals were most enjoyable, very nice food and excellent service. Above all we are so impressed by the staff. Everyone is friendly and welcoming, and you immediately feel completely at home.Everything is done to perfection, with no fuss. We do hope to stay again in the future, feeling we have had a real holiday in the course of a weekend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review.

I am thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and the beautiful “Music room” was so enjoyed. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We chose the Chesterfield for a Saturday night as they had a decent rate for B&B at £230 which also included two tickets for the David Hockney exhibition at the Royal Academy. The Chesterfield has a great reputation on the TA site and it’s not hard to see why - the staff are some of the most pleasant we have encountered anywhere and the location is simply superb, on a quiet residential street in Mayfair and within easy walking distance of many tourist hot-spots and great restaurants. They also park your car for £40 for the night, not bad for London.

The style of the hotel is highly traditional, which means it’s old-fashioned, with heavy leather sofas (Chesterfields), floral flocks and patterned carpets all screaming at each other. We specifically asked for a non-Chintzy room and got a rather cramped rooftop garret which had three svelte suede walls, one wall completely mirrored and a rococo chandelier. It was striving to be exotic, erotic even, and for one night it was perfectly acceptable. The view from one window was of a brick wall about six feet away and from the other it was the same wall with a little bit of another building. Hemmed in like this meant total quietude, amazing for London, so we slept like babies. The room was well-equipped with a wall-mounted flatscreen TV, free internet and complimentary mineral water. The bathroom let the side down a bit, mainly because of a small shower cubicle and poor water pressure.

Downstairs it’s a bit dark and gloomy, oppressive even, though I think maybe some tourists look at this florid Edwardian style as quintessentially English; after all, isn’t life for everyone in the UK just one long Downton Abbey? The hotel’s restaurant, Butler’s, is slightly brighter and they did a decent cooked breakfast with excellent bread and strong coffee. There is a nice outlook on to handsome courtyard belonging to the next-door building; a pity the hotel can’t take it over for al fresco meals.

The Chesterfield is a pleasant three-star hotel which doesn’t pretend to be anything more.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pausanias
Dear Guest,

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Lichfield
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Excellent tea, friendly and attentive service, lovely surroundings. Would certainly recommend