“Classy, a real treat”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gourock, United Kingdom
“Classy, a real treat”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Chesterfield Mayfair lived up to its reputation - and more!

We (my wife and I) stayed 2 nights 18/19th February. Room was a good size, clean, with good fittings etc. Bathroom was more than adequate for the two of us. The room was tidied twice daily, with a little extra care, and treats, demonstrated at all times. The hotel service was excellent with very attentive and helpful staff without being obtrusive.

Brreakfast was as good as anywhere we have stayed and we dined at the hotel one night - food, andaccompanying wine list, was spot on!! And very good value... The bar was a delight with a live jazz pianist, classy and good to listen too.

The location of the hotel is as good as it gets. Within walking distance of the shops around Bond Street / and Oxford Street. We visited Selfridges / Fortnums etc. We also visited the Hockney Exhibition at the RA, tickets obtained by the hotel. Wow - a must and makes you proud to be a Northerner!

Another must is Scotts Restaurant, again within walking distance of the hotel. Probably some of the best fish courses I have had, though it is expensive! Also on Mount Street is the Audley - 5 minutes from Scotts - a great pub / we spent Sunday afternoon in the Audley with a bottle of Pinot Gris, the Observer, and a buzzing atmosphere - justy what you want on your weekend break.

We also dined at Moro the day we travelled home - another highlty recommended restaurant, an easy Underground ride from the hotel. Moro is as good as the reviews - but we booked 3 months before we arrived in London! If you like the flavours of Spain and north Africa - you must give it a go

All in all a great weekend....

2 Thank scarlettsaway
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Guest,

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us last weekend. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
ulverston
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Nothing seemed too much trouble for the friendly, hard working staff at this lovely, truly British Style London Hotel. Our room overlooking the courtyard was well furnished, very clean and comfortable and had quality teas and coffees as well as top class toiletries.We took afternoon tea in the conservatory which was a delightful experience with a great tea menu. The array of cakes, scones and sandwiches looked lovely and tasted great. The attentive staff were on hand to replenish if desired. Our evening meals surpassed our expectations, delightful food in delightful surroundings served by smiling waiters. The scallops and the Dover Sole were superb. We have visited London on many occasions so why has it taken us so long to find what we consider a perfect haven which is convenient to all public transport and so easy to walk around London from yet so peaceful.We will certainly return

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your stay with us in February.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield and that the room was well furnished, comfortable and cleaned to the highest standard.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the delightful afternoon tea and your dinner; I am so pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations with the brilliant scallops and Dover Sole you enjoyed. Our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

London
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Living in London, I go very regularly to this extremely charming British style hotel. The bar is great and Antoine the manager is so friendly it really allows you to relax after a day of work. The location is perfect, right in the centre of Mayfair. I have also tried the afternoon tea recently, and loved it, good food, nice champagne and delightful room, exactly what you expect for such an experience.
Every time my parents visit London, they stay at this hotel; they travel a lot and have tried many hotels, but this one is definitely their favorite in London!
The Chesterfield is an ideal combination of central location, authentic style and friendly service, you should try it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, in particular Antoine, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Only spent one night at The Chesterfield to coincide with the David Hockney exhibition which was just around the corner at the Royal Academy. The tickets were part of the deal with the Chesterfield and were well worth the money. The staff were very attentive, the room was great, we had dinner which was superb and the breakfast was amazing. It would be difficult and unfair to find fault when I believe that the hotel had tried its best to impress which it did admirably. Highly recommended and will be staying again when the occasion arises.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms that are near the air conditioning fans, they run all the time.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback from your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read that we were able to provide such exceptional service during you stay. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about your dinner and breakfast which our Executive Chef and his team will be pleased to hear about

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

From being met at the door and having the car taken away/parked and valeted, to leaving the next morning we could not find a single fault with the Chesterfield Mayfair. For sure the best hotel we've visited in London and one of the best we stayed in anywhere in the World. Such welcoming staff, and attention to detail that is normally missing in todays hotels. We really look forward to staying again and whole heartedly recommend the hotel with an A+.

1 Thank MuffinManMatty
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.