2,440 results
All reviews british museum kings cross breakfast was excellent convenient location family room west end tube eurostar bloomsbury
Reviewed 22 November 2007

I stayed here for one night in November as I was attending a business dinner very close by. The hotel is located near Euston station and St. Pancras and King's Cross are not far either. A good location if you need to be near any of these stations.
The check-in process took a while and the lady who served just did the bare minimum. She wasn't smiling, she didn't welcome me to the hotel or offer any extras even when I have a Gold card with Hilton. She was meant to check something with Customer Services for me and call me to advise. However, I never heard from her, I had to go to see her to find out what was going on.
The hotel itself was OK, nothing special but nothing too bad either. I had a ground floor room that was fairly nice, a bit small but all the furniture was in a good working order. I didn't use the facilities or even drink or eat at the hotel. They had a bar area that looked OK.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank MrsCarr
Reviewed 22 November 2007

I booked in to the Hilton London Euston as a last minute thing and really wish I hadn't now. I booked a standard single room through the Hilton website and got a confirmed non-smoking room. When I checked in at the hotel, however, I was in a smoking room which smelt musty. After 20 minutes of complaining to the front desk I was eventually moved into a twin room (non-smoking) which was far better.

To be fair to the hotel, after this initial hiccup I was able to get a relaxing night's sleep without too much bother...although whilst I was settling down I was disturbed by quite a lot of corridor noise.

In the morning I checked out at 6am to get a flight from Heathrow. Upon examining my bill, I noticed that I'd been charged a different rate for the room than I had been told during my reservation. This took 30 minutes of discussion with the front desk staff (and me getting my laptop out to show the reservation details I'd been emailed by Hilton) before a manager was called to resolve the issue.

Overall, the location of this hotel is good. But the staff seriously let it down. There are many good Hilton hotels in London, and I don't think I'll be visiting the Hilton London Euston again anytime soon.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank K_Getchell
Reviewed 20 November 2007

What a disappointment. I always thought Hilton was synonymous with luxury!

I booked this hotel through Tesco Deals Vouchers for £197. I asked for a twin room for myself and my daughter but despite booking many months before the arrival date, was informed that there wasn't one available. The room was tiny and matched the so called double bed! The heating/air con didn't work properly and the walls were paper thin. The bath was quite high and slippery and without the aid of a bath rail made getting in and out very precarious.

However the room was very clean and breakfast acceptable but nothing to write home about. I had to run around looking for knives, bowls etc. as the staff didn't seem to be very organised.

The positive side to this hotel is that it is very well located and particularly the proximity to Euston Station which is only a short walk away.

I can only say I am very glad I didn't pay the £197 out of my own pocket as I feel that would have been a complete rip-off.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 23 October 2007

Booked via Teletext (TV Ads) on the internet. Paid £269 for 2 nights B&B plus dinner on first night, for 2 adults and 2 kids. Excellent dinner ( although bottle of mediocre white wine , 2 soft drinks and bottle of water cost £27, but hey, it's central London!), and excellent breakfast with very attentive and friendly staff, cheers Vincenzo!
Room was fine, clean bathroom(and shower curtain!), clean sheets and modern decor. Have to admit, paintwork was tired and 'scuffed' looking, and definate remnants of previous smokers in the room.
11yr old son had apparently 'accidently' found an 'adult movie' on the room tv, but staff on desk at checkout were happy to deduct £11 for same!
Same 11 yr old also forgot to take his backpack with Nintendo DS plus a good £100 worth of games, plus set of keys and
odds and ends. Housekeeping staff very kindly (and honestly) forwarded it on to my home address.
Fantastic for Euston Station and connection on Original Bus Tour.....jeeze...wish we could afford to stay in London for 2 weeks to do it justice. Big Ben is just sooo stunnin!
All in all, we were happy with what we got for our money!
Ellen Pearson

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2007

This hotel really gets some mixed reviews, I almost didn't stay here becasue of that. I'm glad I went for the convience though.

My daughter and I were departing on a Train out of euston station on a weekday am with luggage. So easy access to the station was important. We moved hotels and booked one night at the Hilton Euston
Personally I thought it was great. The staff was efficient, friendly and attentive. The rooms were large by London standards and the beds were very comfortable. Nice size clean good bathroom.

Convienent to Euston station and also an easy walk from Russell Sq on the picidilly line. We attended a play that evening so we took the picidilly down to conent garden and came back that evening on the nothern line from Licester SQ to Euston station.

The morning we left for our train it was raining and we were at the train station so quickly we barely got wet!

This is simply a good hotel in a good location with reasonable size and comfortable rooms! I slept well and enjoyed my short stay that is why I've given it an excellent rating!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family