2,433 results
All reviews british museum southampton row russell square accor hotels covent garden holborn tube station west end single room piccadilly line superior room short walk busy road coffee machine reception staff st pancras central location kings cross
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I stay at this hotel regularly. Whilst most of the staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms need some serious renovation.
I checked in at around 11pm on a Sunday night and was shown to a room that didn't even have space for the suitcase. I would have had to climb over the case to get to the bathroom! I requested a change of rooms and was offered a slightly larger room. There was no hot water (not perhaps that important given the outside temperatures), even after letting the water run for 10 minutes. On the highest setting, the water was just lukewarm. The toilet faced a slanted wall (the room was on the top floor) so that anyone even slightly taller than I would have knocked their head upon walking into the bathroom or when using the toilet.
It felt to me that as a single woman travelling I was just shoved into the smallest and most unpleasant room available. It was not a positive experience.
For breakfast there was no toast for the first two mornings - or rather, on the second morning, it was frozen! Not a good start to the day and it shows a lack of forward planning by the kitchen.
I shall look at alternatives for my next stay in London in September, as this establishment leaves a lot to be desired - despite the lovely staff.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Bettina V
Manager8066, General Manager at Mercure London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Bettina V,

Thank you for sharing your last experience with us.

We would like to inform you that our rooms will be renovated before the end of this year and a sample is actually ready !
If you request or book one of our King bed room you will find out the size is in the standards of other hotels in London.
We admit some of our rooms are on the small side. Feel free to share your preferences regarding allocation upon you arrival or even when you are making the booking. We will always do our best to follow them.
We are sorry for the issue with the water, we didn't hear other feedback like yours on that period so we believe it was a one off situation.
We will share your comments about breakfast with the relevant manager as this kind of situation should not happen.

We all hope you will consider our property again and as you stayed before hopefully you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

This is a good value hotel in an excellent location, but it doesnt quite tick all the boxes, the rooms are clean, they are a bit small, but to be fair the price reflects this. Where I dont think this hotel comes up to scratch is with the bar that closes before eleven but is advertised in the hotel information as staying open until 00.30hr. We had to go back out again to have a drink. Also the brakfast wasnt great. Service was very confusing, no direction for customers, and it felt like staff were rushing arround all over the place. Not the most relaxing breakfast ive had.

Room Tip: Good location
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve P

Dear Steve P,

Thank you for your feedback and we would like to apologise for not ticking all the boxes.

We will share your comments about the bar and breakfast service with our F&B manager.
The supervisor is usually closing the bar depending on the activity, on daily basis.
We are sorry to hear you had to go somewhere else to enjoy a last drink.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Very good position, quite close to the Tube.
Very good and very kind receptionists. But
The Hotel is not in the Mercure average standard.
Rooms are very small. Attention to the definition of “two people bed”, is something more than a single bed. Some rooms are so small you cannot open your luggage ore passate round the bed.
But the worst service is the housekeeping. For three days I left the hotel in the morning at about 10 a.m. and when I came back at 4.30/5.00 p.m. the room was not yet cleaned. So the following days when I left in the morning I have to remember the reception my room number in order to have the room made!
I realize that the reception tried to manage it at their best but I decided to go in a Hotel instead of an apartment just for not having housekeeping problems!
In conclusion : a quite disappointing experience.

Dear Ullaneri,

Thank you for your comments about your last stay with us.

We are glad you enjoyed our location and that our staff was helpful.
We would like to assure you our rooms size are in the standards and we also know some Mercure hotels are offering larger rooms.
Please accept our apology for the miscommunication with our Housekeeping department who had challenging days.

We hope you will give us another chance next time you visiting the City !

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Just return back from London for a couple of days. This hotel is a great hotel on the Piccadilly tube line which is close to central London. I asked for a quiet room and that's what i got was great. As it was the hottest day yet it was lovely to be entered in the room with great air con what actually worked which was a bonus. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great you could help your self to hot buffet and cold also order of the menu what is cooked to order for fussy eaters like me. I would highly recommended this hotel. Tip: I would ask for a quiet room as the hotel is on a busy road.

Really enjoyed the stay couldn't of been any better. Thank you

1  Thank OnAir629251

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this kind review.

We are happy you enjoy your stay with us and that we met all your expectations.

We will share your nice comments about our staff and breakfast service !

We would love to see you again for you next stay in London for another great stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as we were going to the opera in Covent garden. The hotel is within easy reach of two tube stations. However it is conveniently located to the Piccadilly line which runs directly from Heathrow airport which means no change The hotel staff are very pleasant. The breakfast was great as you were given additional options . The only disadvantage was that the tv was on during breakfast. Our room which was a triple was quite spacious and thankfully had aircon. The beds were very comfortable. There was tea and coffee making facilities and a small fridge in the room. Finally as a member of accor hotels you will often receive further discount.

1  Thank lucytynan
Manager8066, General Manager at Mercure London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear lucytynan,

Thank you for your review, it a pleasure to see our location and room met your expectations.

We will pass on your nice comments about our staff and the breakfast selection.
We believe the TV is a good way to inform our guests on the most important and latest news.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.