“I like this hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #381 of 1,087 Hotels in London
“I like this hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stay here for business regularly. Got upgraded to a king superior room this time (room 224) and it was excellent.

Few minutes walk to Oxford street, Covent garden etc.

Very nice :)

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank lymbo32
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review.

We endeavour our best efforts to ensure that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and I am so pleased that you liked the room you were given!

I hope you welcoming you more often in our hotel.

Hasnain N. Alloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I used to use this hotel every 6 weeks or so when in London on business; the location makes it a particulalry good place for access to central London with all its attractions. I always request an internal room despite the fact that these are glorified cupboards ...I find the road noise intollerable in the larger outside rooms.

This time I stayed on a Friday night in order to attend a course at the British Museum which is virtually next door. The attentive staff are alongside the location the main selling point of the hotel. There were some issues with my room; I was advised I'd been upgraded to a superior room - I hadn't and because of my familiarity with the hotel I knew that to be the case...someone new would have been distraught to think the cupboard was 'superior.' When I got there the lid of the kettle did not fit so there was a strong risk of getting a nasty scald, there was also no cup or mug to drink from. These latter issues were swiftly rectified whilst I went next door to the museum for a mooch around.

The shower room smelled badly of damp and drains. The carpet was threadbare and there were just too many soft furnishings for such a small room. I also found it a pain that the mirror was off to the side so I had to pull the hairdryed flex in order to dry my hair,

I paid for breakfast and it was nice enough - just not true value for the money spent on it. All in all I think despite the fact that I got a reduced rate through an online booking service this overnight stay cost more than it was worth. On balance I think I will opt for the Travel Lodge in Covent Garden next time at half the price it may be basic but its still clean and centrally located not far from this Radisson,

Room Tip: central rooms are quieter, external rooms are bigger and have more natural light.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review on this forum.

I am sorry for your disappointment, and hope you will allow me to clarify a few points mentioned herein.

Our standard rooms are at a minimum space of 14sq.mts and deluxe room at 20sq.mts. We also have a selection of single rooms which are at par rooms in this category in the city. I would suggest that in future you choose this, if you wish to have a larger room rather than simply expecting one.

I am happy to confirm that the smell of dampness and other issues you have mentioned have been rectified by our maintenance team.

I trust you will contact me prior to your next visit so that I can personally ensure that you are well looked after.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Holes in the carpet from wet rot, musty smell, cold reception. Complained and complained some more but our concerns were ignored. Will never book another Radisson hotel in London. And on top of everything else it was about 300 pounds a night. Very dissatisfied.

Room Tip: Don't even consider it!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank edohnyc
Dear Reviewer,

I appreciate your dissapointment, and apologise for your poor experience in our hotel.

I am happy to review your comments on a personal forum so that these can be investigated and appropriate actions are taken thereafter.

Kindly contact me via hotel reception.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

The front desk staff were honestly the freindliest and most helpful of any hotel I've every stayed in, and I travel a lot! Everthing was in order, the hotel clean, extremelly well situated, the bar nice, the food good, but the service blew me away. That and free internet. I travel for work and work mostly on the internet, so get really peaved when I have to pay by the hour for internet service, and even worse have to book a block of time which you cant even log off of. This was not the case, and all internet was free of charge in room or the lobby, or the bar.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sassbrown
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the gracious review following your recent visit to the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel.

I consider our hotel to be very fortunate to have some very nice people working, who will always delight you with new ways to ensure you are comfortable in this new city!

I trust you will rejoin us for our hospitality, which most other travellers say is one of the best in London!

Wool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We had a minor problem with room plumbing last time we stayed but they dealt with things in a fantastic, low key way and more than made up for the situation. We really could not fault the staff or the service, they looked after our special requirements without fuss and there was a smile from everyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Guitarman_10
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Kenilworth Hotel, we are very pleased you had an enjoyable experience. Thank you for complimenting the services and vast list of amenities we offer our valued guests.

The team and I look forward to meeting you again on your next visit.

Hasnain N Alloo