“Welcome Home!”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #63 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This was my second stay at the hotel and I was just as thrilled this visit as I was on the first back in 2007. On this visit my sister was with me and we stayed on the ground floor with bunk beds. The beds were extremely comfortable (we drew straws, I got the top bunk), It was a clean, comfortable room, but the reason I chose Base2Stay for the second time was the friendliness and helpful service of the staff. They were truly amazing and helped me in so many ways. From offering discount coupons to local restaurants, to arranging transportation and tours and suggesting the best walking routes to various sites, they came through and always with the most courteous and mannerly way. I will definitely go back to Base2Stay. We were two mature women spending long days touring London and always felt like we were going back home at the end of the day. What could be better?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NJDavcar
There are newer reviews for The Nadler Kensington

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Just returned from a week in London (mid May) and really enjoyed our stay at Base2Stay. We had a king room on the 5th floor. The location is in a very safe and quiet neighborhood. Yet, it is conveniently located 2 blocks from the tube and lots of shopping and restaurants. There is a good food market- M&S (Marks and Spencer) where you can pick up whatever you need for meals-especially breakfast. We used the room for breakfast as there is an adequate fridge, microwave and utensils provided. There is no breakfast provided at the hotel but they will take breakfast orders and have it sent to your room by 8AM (from a local restaurant). For dinners, the hotel has discounts with area restaurants. The bed was very comfortable. Closet and drawer space was good. The lighting in the room and the bath was exceptional. The shower was large and had very good pressure. An in-room safe was a nice feature. A bonus is that there is air conditioning in the room. The elevator was fast and decent size. The front desk folks were very friendly and helpful. When we arrived our room was not yet ready (9AM). This was not a problem for us. They took our bags and when we arrived back at the hotel at night our bags had been placed in our room. Location wise this is a good spot. Not just quiet and safe but you are on the west side of downtown so you are closer to Heathrow. Also, if you want to go to the Victoria and Albert, the Natural History or Science Museums, Kensington Palace or Harrods you could walk it. This hotel has an upscale feel to it. Nothing in London is inexpensive but at least at Base2Stay you get your money's worth. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank poroke
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed here for 13 nights and it was a very good experience. The entire hotel staff were friendly, professional, and helpful. The location was spectacular...safe neighbourhood with easy access to a great tube station. There were plently of restaurants and grocery stores nearby. I especially liked being a couple blocks away from Sainsbury's, a huge grocery store with a Starbucks inside. London hotel prices are insanely high, but this one was good value in comparison to others. Although there was no free breakfast included, I find that you will get much less value from many other hotels that offer the breakfast...especially when you consider the very cheap food prices at the nearby grocery stores where you can get many food options for hot and cold meals. The bed was comfortable and our room was more than quiet enough. There were no surprise charges and fees upon checkout, which is rare these days for most hotels. The room was small, but not when comparing to other London hotels...especially in this neighborhood.

The areas for improvement:

The free wi-fi was pretty much like old dial up speed and reliability...workable, but not always fast and smooth (there was apparently an option to pay a small fee for a better wired internet connection, but I can't comment on that reliability as we didn't use it). The internet on the TV was not easily navigatable and was not a good option. The movies offered were not a great selection. We brought a laptop and just used Netflix to watch movies (I would wait until the movie was finished loading and then watch it uninterrupted from downloading delays). The shower door was strange as it only covered half of the bathtub, so it took some skill to not flood the bathroom floor. The coffee in the room was instant coffee... so for coffee lovers like me, I had to get a proper morning coffee from a nearby coffee shop.

Overall, this was a great value for London standards and we would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin_Vanc0uver
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My 5 Y.O. daughter and I wanted someplace, clean, convenient, economical and still a little "luxurious" for our 4 night trip to London. Keeping in mind my little traveler's needs, we wanted to be near a main tube station (Earls Court) that could easily get us to and from Heathrow as well as the center of the city. Earls Court is a busy and convenient stop with lots of local restaurants and supermarkets with pre-packaged meals (so we could get take out for our room if we were tired.)

The Base2Stay was a PERFECT choice for us. It is located only 5 mins walk from Earl's Court, but on a quiet, elegant, private-feeling street. Base2Stay keeps the luxury of a lovely, clean and modern room in a stellar location, and outsources the rest of the extras that make other hotel prices higher. You want room service? Check the leather bound book in your room, peruse the extensive array of takeout menus from the many many local restaurants that deliver to the hotel. IMO, it's better than room service, because you can get literally anything you want (Indian, Veggie, Pizza, Burgers) and are not limited to an overpriced hotel menu. Want to work out? Get an included pass to "Fitness First" down the block. Better than a tiny hotel gym. They also save you money by not constantly, unnecessarily changing sheets and towels daily, I think it might be every 3rd day. It's co-friendlier and keeps the price down without compromising on the experience (beds are luxury linens and COMFY).

Our room was one of their "Luxury Bunk Bed" rooms. Think Japanese zen with an economy of space, like a ship's quarters (or a bento box as someone else described it). The room was TINY (not gonna lie), but perfect in every way. The bathroom had a walk in shower and made the most of a small footprint. Our room had a tiny kitchenette, fridge, microwave, kettle and plates, cups, etc. The best part of the room was the beautiful wood paneled, recessed bunk beds which absolutely delighted my daughter (she of course was top bunk!) Those of you who have traveled with kids know how wonderful it is to have a little kitchen and takeout options to turn to if your traveler is too fried for another restaurant meal (or you feel like you are just spending a fortune on food.) We bought microwave popcorn from the local supermarket one night and rented one of their pay per view movies (which were only 2£, by the way). It was a lovely treat and a memorable way to introduce my daughter to London. We will be back someday, and I'm bringing my younger one and husband next time. We'll be getting one of their larger rooms, but I look forward staying at this very reasonably priced, elegant and convenient hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennie S
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Location is really ok, near to underground station, full of pubs and restaurants, rooms quite small for 4 persons, anyway very clean and fully equiped. We had a pleasant stay at base2stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family