Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,006 results
All reviewscanning townjubilee linecanary wharfhi expressemirates airlineemirates air linelondon city airportminute walkexcel centredlr stationfree breakfastice machinesofa bedolympic parkbasic hotelper nightyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed a couple of nights in April. Typical HIX, clean, comfortable rooms and staff ok. Handy for the tube station and only 2 stops to Canary Wharf.
On the down side - no restaurant and although there is an Italian restaurant next door, this was very busy and cramped, and I was unable to get a suitable table. Canning Town is nearby, but dont expect to find anywhere to eat better than a MacDonalds. I ended up getting some fish and chips and a bottle of wine and taking them back to the room.
I certainly wouldnt choose to stay here more than a couple of nights.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
SHAUN F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear TR4,
I would like you to thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel. Your comments really help us to understand what customers are feeling and experiencing during their stay.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel upon your next visit to London.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Rooms are standard holiday inn express, clean and functional for a short stay. Ideal location for the O2 as only one tube stop away. Bit of a dodgy area, a short 5 minute walk from the tube. I was on my own walking back aft the concert but plenty of people walking my way so i didnt feel unsafe. The is nothing around here so would only recommend for O2 or work at Canary Wharf

Receptionist was very friendly, it was throwing it down with rain and I had no umbrella she actually offered me her own umbrella because the hotel had none...now that is customer service!!! Well done Holiday Inn in employing that the lady. I felt too guilty to take it but the offer made a refreshing change from the usual scowl and shoulder shrug when you ask for something they don't have something you need

Recommended for 1 night no problem

2  Thank Sorrentosarah

Dear Sorrentosarah,

I’m glad that you took the time to mention the really kind customer service you received from my team. And that you enjoyed your stay here.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed for one night on business. Its "ok" for an overnight. Basic as you would expect from Holiday Inn express. Rooms are clean etc. Free wifi. Near the DLR but not the best neighbourhood in the evening. Business users passing through, its fine, but I would not base a holiday or weekend break there unless you had to.

Dear pmooneynet,

I must say that I disagree about using the Hotel as a base for a weekend or for longer. The Hotel is within easy reach of all major tourist sites.

There are excellent transportation close by and great parking facilities just outside the congestion charging zone.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I was booked into this hotel for one night on a business trip. It is 2 stops on the tube away from Canary Wharf, but there are better hotels, closer that I'd chose if booking myself. The hotel is on a main road and seemed to be between a residential and disused industrial area. The best thing about it was Pepenero Italian restaurant just along the street. There is also a small convenience store next door.

The room was very tired looking with the curtain hanging off the rail and cup stains on each of the surfaces. However, the bathroom was quite spacious for typical Holiday Inn Express rooms, and clean, though the shower curtain looked tired and in need of replacing. The bed was comfortable and I was given a room at the back of the building so although it overlooked the car park and appartments opposite, it was quiet.

Breakfast was a limited self-service buffet of cereal, toast, croissants and a small hot choice of sausages, scrambled egg and beans. I wouldn't chose to breakfast here, but there's really nowhere else close by unless you take the tube.

Was OK for one night, but I wouldn't chose to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
SHAUN F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Casey100,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review of your stay here at the London Royal Docklands Hotel.

We really value your comments as it is our goal to make everybody’s stay at the hotel a great stay. We really pride ourselves on providing a really friendly service and keeping a very clean Hotel.

This is why I was disappointed and surprised to read your comments about your room. We really take your comments it to heart and I thank you again for such great constructive comments that are helping us to better ourselves.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Arrived to a hectic reception. My reservation could not be found. Was given a twin room but had booked a double. Was told the hotel was full so had to sleep in a single bed which was uncomfortable with thin duvet. Could hear everything (and I mean everything!) through the wall. Basic bathroom with smelly drains. I telephoned reception and asked for an iron and board and was told I could have one if I came and got it because "we don't do room service" the breakfast is very basic self service, hot food consists of awful looking scrambled eggs, cremated sausages and watery looking beans all sitting under heatlamps. It was just poor in every respect. Was moved to a double room the following day but found the noise from the road unbearable so had terrible sleep. Would not recommend.

Stayed: April 2012
SHAUN F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Intrepidexplorersid

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel,

I’m sorry you did not seem to enjoy your stay at the Hotel. I can’t help but feel that your being a bit harsh in your judgement and maybe that is due to the fact we were unable to provide you with a double room. I suspect your booking may have been for a standard room which does not specify double or twin bedded rooms. It is always our goal to please our guests and I am sorry you felt let down on this occasion.

We have certainly taken your comments to heart and will endeavour as always to provide a great service for our guests and visitors.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope that you do choose to stay with us again.