1,489 results
All reviews old street tube station hoxton square beans northern line london city free breakfast yogurt convenient location family room busy road bars and restaurants night's sleep five minute walk stayed for one night comfy bed booked this hotel tea and coffee
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great location nice and clean rooms staff very helpful .free breakfast was great rooms have all you need better than the Hilton we stayed in we just hoped on the train across the road in to london all I can say I will stay here again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Craig P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely words I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for one night. Location is great - very handy for old street and plenty of amenities nearby. There is no onsite restaurant - but they do offer a delivery service from nearby take aways.

Checkin was smooth - staff very helpful.

The lifts are looking a bit tired and there was a very unpleasant smell in the corridors. The room was fresh enough with aircon and plenty of facilities. The TV was a bit old and the reception kept dropping in an out.... but the wifi was very good (20Mb download speed) which meant I could stream plenty to my iPad.

Breakfast was a bit disappointing. There is a hot buffet,,, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs and beans plus a range of cold foods too. The breakfast is included in the price... but does not compare to the Premier Inn breakfast.

There are plenty of pros and cons to this hotel. Personally, next time I will probably go for the Premier Inn around the corner... the rooms are bigger, beds are bigger and more comfortable and the breakfast (although paid for) is far superior.

Room Tip: always go for higher floors
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Craig P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased your enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you were not impressed with the inclusive breakfast. This was recently revamped and we have had lots of positive feedback from this. Guests like the fact there is no extra charge for this and it's easy approach to eat in or take away.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Found the hotel easily from the tube station. We arrived mid morning so our room wasnt ready yet but the staff took our bags and stored them for us so we wernt wandering around with luggage. Once our rooms were ready we checked in easily. Hotel room was perfect for what we needed it for. Massive beds with soft and firm pillows.
Shower was perfect - i like a really hot shower and this didnt disappoint!
We didnt eat in the hotel as we were out early in the morning to start our day.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely words. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One of the nifty things about staying here was the "loaner" smartphone that came with data and free calling! Fantastic perk if one does not have international roaming.

Small issue with our guaranteed room type not being available, but it was quickly resolved and mentioned to the manager, who seemed receptive to my comments, and I left confident that he would address it with his employee.

If you want to avoid the infamous crowds at breakfast, take note of their sign letting you know what the busiest times are and avoid those. Easy solution. ;-)

I'd be delighted to stay here again and enjoy all that London has to offer!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely feedback and I am glad you took advantage of our handy phones - these are great and our guests love them.
We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the holiday inn express it is very central only 2 stops by tube from kings cross.When getting of the tube take the Shoreditch exit less than a five minute walk to the hotel.The bedroom was large and the bathroom was lovely very well maintained our room looked out to the main road but was very quiet.The hotel was very busy so breakfast was a bit chaotic but the staff did there best to ensure everyone was seated quickly I would definitely stay here again good value as the centre of London is very close by.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Craig P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely feedback and I'm really pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us.