“Best hotel reception ever”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is the best hotel staffs I have ever experienced!

Excellent service, wonderful attention and with heart and sincerity. I have been travelling for more than 15 years and never wrote a feedback, be it good or bad, though I had more than fair share of bad experience and at times, was really tempted to write to complain.

However, my stay at Hotel 41 was so great that it prompted me, for the first time, to write in and compliment them. In addition to the great hotel staffs, who among many things, were helpful, offered me a boardroom for my breakfast meeting, good dessert plate in my room, brought me a set of tea after check-in. The room is exquisite and location good.

This is more than boutique, it's a one with class and service. Now I understand why it's the smallest (28 rooms in total) 5-stars hotel in London. I stayed for 2 days and enjoyed every minute of it! Highly recommended! I will definitely come back, be it business or holiday. I think it will be the perfect hotel for someone who wants a treat or celebrating an anniversay or special date

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank CheeMun

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I have stayed at "41" on average one week a month for the past year. The hotel is my "home away from home" as I travel from the US to Europe quite often for business. The rooms are wonderful, but it's the staff that make my stays remarkable!

I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather stay when in London!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ted_cominos
Reviewed 21 February 2012

If heaven was a hotel it would be Hotel 41. You 'go to the light' through a beautiful but low key front door. Whereupon you are greeted buy a very pleasant man who shows you the way. Which of course is through some golden gates, you then ascend on high in a golden elevator. At reception you are welcomed by a few angelic members of staff. Who's only job is make sure you stay there is 'heavenly'. Which is helped with a glass of bubbles.
But seriously. This hotel is amazing. No request is to big or to small. The atmosphere is one of grand opulence and also a romantic hideaway. It has many reasons to be the best hotel you've ever stayed in, but for me the main reason is the staff. They are very professional and yet remain the most friendly people. The turn down service is the most stunning you could imagine.
And as for the honesty bar, its stunning.
Do not not hesitate to book this hotel, it will be a memory that will last a lifetime.
Thank you God, sorry I mean Federic.

Room Tip: We had a room with a gas fire, which was so beautiful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gavinmcdaid
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My wife and I spent 3 days here during mid-February 2012, and found it every bit as good as the many positive reviews had led us to believe. What differentiates 5-star hotels is not so much their infrastructure, but rather their staff, and that of the "41" is quite simply exceptional. We are used to good service but rarely in 40 years of extensive travelling have we met staff of the standard of the "41": personable, welcoming, impeccable, polyglot, immensely helpful, and genuinely friendly, they made our stay a real joy. The crisp linens, warm duvets, heavy robes and (somewhat recalcitrant but nevertheless cheerful) gas fire also turned our spacious room into a welcome haven from the unexpectedly cold London February weather, as did the well-appointed lounge with its gentlemen's club aura and - again - impeccable staff. In sum, as one reviewer has already put it, "There is no better place in London to spend your nights".

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank George_Lodge
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is a very special boutique hotel. The service is cheerful and attentive and was the perfect 20th anniversary treat for my husband and I. Our stay was made all the more delightful due to the fact that the hotel became a sanctuary away from a heavy snowfall. London had come to a standstill so after trudging past some familiar London landmarks in the snow, it was wonderful to access the delights of the executive lounge and snuggle by the open fire. An added surprise was the fabulous romantic turndown, with rose petals scattered in the bedroom and bathroom and floating candles. The anniversary cake, which had not been prearranged, but very welcomed, topped our evening. The breakfast was equally tasty and professionally presented and cooked. Would definitely recommend this hotel. An added quirk for us was the availability of a food menu for our for legged friends. I would assume therefore that there are even rooms available to dogs and their owners. Definitely worth a revist

• Stayed: February 2012