I travel to London a great deal for my job, usually 2 weeks every quarter, a schedule I've maintained for the last four or five years. And every trip, I've stayed at The Rookery. here is why:
1. beautiful building; a series of Georgian rowhouses joined and beautifully, even "lovingly" restored with period detail. Dark mahogany walls throughout, period furniture and fixtures, each room with its own personality and charm.
2. Wonderful, attentive, helpful staff
3. LOCATION: Smithfield Market is right across the street, and beyond that, old St Bart's, St Bart's Hospital. Within walking distance are St John's Square, Clerkenwell Green, Cloth Fair, Charterhouse Square, the Holborn Viaduct at St Sepulchres, St Paul's, the City... need a go on? For a lover of English history, this may be the best-situated hotel in London.
4. LOCATION part 2: great dining abounds. St John, of course, but also great little pubs like Fox and Anchor, the Well,, the Crown at Clerkenwell, and two wonderful little Italian places right on Cowcross Street.
In short, its perfect for a special overnight/weekend or a long stay on business. I've come to regard it as my home in London, the greatest city on earth, and can't praise it highly enough.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Rookery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hotel London