“Old School Glamour at the Ritz” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz London

The Ritz London
Ranked #25 of 1,087 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Old School Glamour at the Ritz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I enjoyed a wonderful 2 night stay over Easter at the Ritz as part of my 30th Birthday celebrations and boy did it live up to all of my expectations! The staff throughout the hotel were welcoming, friendly and helpful. Not a snobby member of staff in sight!

I highly recommend the 'Celebration Package' that my fiancé booked, as it was a lovely surprise for me to find champagne, flowers, fruit and a birthday cake in our room to kick start the celebrations. The Ritz Salon is well worth a visit and I had an amazing full body massage by Anna. Also worth mentioning, is the lovely Easter egg that was delivered to our room on Easter Sunday in a beautifully presented keep sake box - a really thoughtful touch to our stay.

Our room and the public areas were lavishly decorated and it was nice to see that the original glitz and glamour of the Ritz had been preserved since its restoration, so that you really felt like you were stepping back into a bygone era. I definitely recommend cocktails in the Art Deco ‘Rivoli Bar’! The dress code in the public areas has been relaxed slightly this year, but I do not understand why people complain about the strict dress code - after all this is the Ritz and it's nice to have an excuse to dress up!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jetsetting_82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I booked a room for 3 adults for my mums 60th birthday this was a one off treat that I'd saved for & looked forward to for a long time at £714 B&B for one night I had great expectations. On arrival at reception I was told I could upgrade the room for an additional £50 I didn't really want to discuss ££ in front of my mum as this was a birthday treat, my mum asked me not to pay anymore money. The receptionist communications skills could have been better. The room wasn't ready when we arrived so had to wait for an hour and a half until 3.30pm in the hospitality room where we had to watch a Ritz PR video on repeat that talked about how the hotel aims to exceed customers expectations ... exceed it didn't even meet my expectations. The bed for the 3rd person was a small camp bed squashed against the window!! not what I expected form a hotel that claims to be the best in the world. I completed a satisfaction survey and did not hear back so I then wrote to the hotel afterwards, I didn't get a response until I chased and then only had a response to my comments on the survey. There were plenty of opportunities for the hotel to exceed my expectations - I was disapointed that this was not the once in a lifetime treat that I wanted for my mum . Stay somewhere else :(

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Claire W
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

i go the ritz very regularly has i have high standards, it is absolutely fabulous. the afternoon tea is fantastic, sandwiches lovely, the waiters catered to my every need. always very complimentary to me, made perfect by the piano playing while having my afternoon tea.
went in to the jewellers, best jewellers around. the suite room was the best it was like home from home. the ritz is truly amazing, i be back again soon.

Room Tip: book a suite room, fantastic.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank john w
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

After 3 night at The Ritz London this easter, I feel I have found my new favorit Hotel. From you check in till you leave you are treatet as a royalty(or at least how I imagine royalties are treated). We has expected stiff and snobby staff, but they were quit the opposite, friendly and smiling all the time. In addition to the best service we have expirienced ever, the rooms are beautiful with everything you need, housekeeping is perfect and room service great. Its also a must to try The Ritz Club, a very special place. As this was not enough, The consierge service is probably one of the best in the world. Just speak to Andy and he will fix it. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Food_traveller32
Surrey, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here as a treat for my daughter's 21st birthday. Some minor hiccups to start with- room not ready, pre-ordered champagne not in room etc, but staff ran around to put things right, including upgrading us to a suite, which was fabulous. Nothing too much trouble for the staff, which really assures you will have an excellent stay.Particularly recommend the afternoon tea- expensive, but pretty much all you can eat. A word of warning- don't go into the Jewellers- you won't be able to resist.

Heartily recommended.