“The best horror house in the world ”

Madame Tussauds London
Ranked #85 of 1,870 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: STARDOM awaits you! Step into the spotlight as you accept your exclusive invitation to Madame Tussauds London, the home of famous fun in the capital. Join your favourite celebs at the ULTIMATE A-list party, strut your stuff on the catwalk with Cara, take the hot seat alongside will.i.am in The Voice Experience or join the Royal Family on the iconic balcony. Test your bravery in Alien: Escape then explore the jungles of Kong: Skull Island. Hail a London cab and journey through 400 years of the capital’s history before joining the Marvel Super Heroes for a crime-fighting adventure. Then use the force to be transported to a galaxy far, far away and star in the action with the greats of the Star Wars universe. So what are you waiting for? COME ON IN!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Apart from the traditional appeal of this place the horror house experience has the best.. Must see as it involves real humans in the experience and its the most significant experience.. I was really scared

Date of experience: April 2018
MadameTussaudsLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Madame Tussauds London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear aijaz R,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to Madame Tussauds so much that you have awarded us with 5 stars! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed getting up close and personal to all of the amazing wax figures and you were entertained with everything else that we have to offer at the attraction! Be sure to come back again soon and see what is new in our world famous attraction!

Jake

Write a ReviewReviews (28,352)
All reviews
in 968 reviews
"figures"
in 1,175 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Visited on Wednesday with our kids (10 and 7). Thankfully we have Merlin passes and walked straight in, as the queues were horrendous.

The models are pretty good, although I didn't see labels for all of them in the first part. Perhaps I should have known who they were meant to be! A bit awkward to take photos with them due to the number of people.

The taxi ride and 4D cinema were the best bits. I also enjoyed reading about the history of the exhibition and how the models are made.

Popcorn and drinks for sale at various points. And I think there were photo opportunities (for you to buy pictures) with some models, but we bypassed these quickly. Queue for the cinema was quite long (lots of pushing) but got straight on the Spirit of London ride.

Wouldn't bother going again. Not sure if I quite see the point of it to be honest. Give it a go if you have Merlin passes and nothing else to do...

Dear Thomisa,

Thank you so much for your comments and taking some time to leave your review about Madame Tussauds London.

We are delighted to see that you recognised the true likeness of our wax figures; it takes a lot of time and skill to ensure that each one is just perfect! We are pleased to see that you enjoyed taking an exciting journey through London's history on our Spirit of London ride!

We hope to welcome you and your family back to Madame Tussauds in the future!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It's really just a selfie shop used to be more significant when the internet and celeb was not a big thing. Still I met yoda and Einstein proving there not the same dude.

Dear pyewalker,

Thank you for visiting us here at Madame Tussauds London. We always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests so we can find out more about their Madame Tussauds experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed getting up close and personal to all of the amazing wax figures and you were entertained with everything else that we have to offer at the attraction! Be sure to come back again soon and see what is new in our world famous attraction!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

visited the waxworks on tuesday as we have merlin passes some new exhibitions including a take on alien which is quite gory not recommended for small children if easily scared a sherlock holmes take which was enjoyable and you have some interaction with the actors the detail in the waxworks is amazing and well worth a visit

Dear David M,

It is always a pleasure to receive such a glowing review of our attraction, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to read that you had a truly fabulous experience at our world famous attraction! We look forward to you walking down the red carpet into our next A-list party for another star-studded experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Bought our ticket at the London Eye which was £80 for myself and daughter. With this we got a sightseeing cruise down the Thames. We had pre-booked our tickets for 10am and when we arrived we asked staff members where to go, nobody seemed to know where we were to go but they said to go round the corner and ask someone in red. My daughter joined the queue as I found someone to ask. She was very, very rude and shouted at me for apparently being behind the barrier, which I wasn’t aware of, she said she wasn’t going to talk to me because I was behind the barrier and proceeded to assist other people. We walked around to the front and asked another staff member who said we were a bit early but it was door 7, which was exactly where we had been when the woman told me I was in he wrong place. We waited a few minutes and went to the queue for door 7 and to the woman we had seen, I showed her my ticket and she asked me to move out of the way, such a rude lady. We eventually got into the non-existent line and made our way to the front of the line. We were not that impressed really it was a bit like a free for all, no organisation inside and people just jumping in when they wanted a photo, no real queuing for photos etc. All in all I would not pay that much to go back again but it filled a couple of hours.

Dear Maisymoo24601,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We appreciate you taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts as we always consider any feedback that helps us to improve the service we provide for our guests.

As one of the UK’s leading visitor attractions, we pride ourselves not only on the quality of the experience that we provide but also on the high standard of service that we offer. I can assure you that the experience encountered is not reflective of the standard we strive to achieve and your points raised are both valid and worthy of our teams attention.

If you would like to discuss your visit further please contact us at guest.experience@madame-tussauds.com.