“Elegant style ”

45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #432 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

My partner and I spent the tail end of our European holiday @ 45 Park Lane. Everything about this hotel is a delight, from the talented, attentive staff to the delicious breakfasts offered at Cut, the small surprises delivered to our room and the modern interiors. Sitting at Cut is wonderful because it provides a bird's eye view of London life whizzing by the window.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Dorchester-C, General Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear James1980stack,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your time at 45 Park Lane and especially the breakfast and in room treats prepared by our great team from CUT. I do hope to welcome you back again soon,
John Scanlon,

Reviewed 9 January 2017

My wife and I have stayed at numerous Five Star hotels from Asia to New Zealand to Australia, to North America, to Europe, and to the Middle East. Without question, 45 Park Lane is "the very best!!". It excels in every category including overall equality, rooms, in room dining, service, and above all, Wolfgang Puck's restaurant Cut.

My wife and I were upgraded a one bedroom suite overlooking Park Lane and Hyde Park. We were at the hotel over Christmas and New Years and were able to see the bright neon lights from the Winter Carnival across the road in Hyde Park. We were greeted with a bottle of French champagne upon our arrival and the hotel General Manager invited us to see London's New Year's Eve Firework show on the Thames from the rooftop of the ajoinging Dorchester Hotel.

The hotel's location in the heart of Mayfair couldn't be beat. My wife and I had to take cabs everywhere because of our difficulties walking, but the usual cab fare was only five to six pounds. If we were able to walk, the hotel was only a short distance to Picadilly or Knightsbridge. The hotel did not have a separate concierge, but the front desk staff was well trained and handled these duties admirably.

It was a please have all of our meals served in our own private dining. It was very difficult
leaving the hotel when the room service kitchen was serviced by Cut for all three meals. And best off all, each meal arrived promptly and without out any delays. It was just like being served by your own butler at home.

The entire staff made my wife and myself feel like we were at home in Beverly Hills. Everyone addressed us by name and did their utmost to be extremely helpful. We found the prices for the restaurant and in-room dining to be very fair considering the quality of the food. Wolfgang Puck has always been one of our favorite chefs and it was a delight to find that he was in charge of the hotel's kitchens.

Our stay at 45 Park Lane was truly an exceptional event and made Christmas and New Years a very special time. The hotel's General Manager John Scanlon did everything to make our stay a memorable one. We plan to make 45 Park Lane our home in London during all our future visits to that city.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of Park Lane and Hyde Park are highly recommended..
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allanmh

Dear allanmh,
It was a pleasure to read your very detailed review of your stay at 45 Park Lane. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am delighted that you greatly enjoyed your time with us. I do hope to welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Beautiful design, simple yet elegant rooms. We came late November and loved the Christmas tree in the lobby. The on-site restaurant is exceptional for breakfast, lunch & dinner. The service, though, was the best part. Simply outstanding! Attentive concierge - they even found us Harry Potter tickets!

Stayed: November 2016
Dorchester-C, General Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Dear Rachel L,
Thank you very much for your great review of your visit to 45 Park Lane. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again one day soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Gorgeous design with exemplary and dedicated service makes this hotel a true gem. Staff couldn't be any more accommodating who can and will anticipate your needs well before you realise you need something. As I was waiting for my uber for the train station, a staff offered if I wanted coffee while I wait. Location is right across Hyde Park and although it is a boutique hotel with limited facilities, guests of 45 Park Lane can use the facilities of its sister property across the road, the legendary and iconic, Dorchester Hotel. You can truly say it has the best of both worlds!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank sydprime

Dear Sydprime,

It is a pleasure to read your very kind comments regarding your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit and found the team highly attentive.
I do hope that you will visit again soon,

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Discreet and faultless service every time. Lovely touches in the room during a recent birthday stay and the car is always very well taken care of. We are frequent visitors to 45 and it is always our hotel of choice (our only criticism being that every time reception ask whether it is our first stay!). You can't beat a pre-dinner cocktail in the bar and there is a great evening buzz at the weekend.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LivviH

Dear LivviH,
I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations at 45 Park Lane.
I hope to welcome you back again one day soon.