All reviews bed dorm willesden green tube station privacy curtains big hostel jubilee line female dorm free continental breakfast hour reception key card wembley stadium central london couple of nights short stay small room beds zone
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for a quick trip to London. The place was great, 24 hour check in, really helpful staff, and while there's the main area of the hostel where people were still awake, the room was quiet, bed was comfy and showers were good. There's free parking - but there's not loads. And it's close to the underground

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
PalmersLodgeHostel, Public Relations Manager at Palmers Lodge Hillspring, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thanks for your great feedback :)

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights. And I liked my stay overall. The place is clean. Bathrooms are maintained neatly.
I was in a female dorm. It was a little small but still alright. The bathrooms, common. Shared between all the guests if the floor. They had female only bathrooms on another floor, but i never used them.
Breakfast was basic. Croissant (1per person), bread, cereal and milk. Good coffee though.
What's good?
1. Lovely staff. People at the reception were really friendly and helpful.
2. Good wifi.
3. Clean rooms. Towels need to be rented separately at a minimal cost. Secure lockers in the room.
4. Quiet neighborhood. Decent number and variety of restaurants around.

What's bad?
1. Location wise this place wouldn't be my first choice being at the border of zone 2 and 3. It took me about 35-40 min at the very least to make it to my first attraction. And being alone, I had to plan to return early too.
2. My room had one window on one side. No other ventilation. And the day it rained, we had to close that too. Got stuffy.
I had a good time overall. My first time living in a hostel by myself and I felt very safe and comfortable.
Good place to stay if u want to be out of the hustle bustle of the city.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
PalmersLodgeHostel, Guest Relations Manager at Palmers Lodge Hillspring, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to review our hostel.
We're sorry to hear you were unhappy with the location. Our Hillspring Lodge hostel is located in a friendly and safe neighbourhood in North London, Willesden Green (Zone 2 on the Jubilee Line), a 5 minute walk to the Underground metro system, which will take you to London's attractions and hotspots quite promptly so we endeavour to keep our hostel quite affordable for our guests.
FYI, we are currently refurbishing and redesigning our rooms to have more facilities, space and to better assist with the temperature for a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Over priced, very small, stuffy room. No fan to circulate air. Bunk beds. Noisy! Rooms never cleaned. Had to ask for clean towels. Bathrooms kept clean. Very nice breakfast with croissant, toast and coffee...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sending us your feedback!
Our cleaners work around the clock, cleaning rooms daily and bathrooms 5 times a day.
We are currently refurbishing and redesigning our rooms to have more facilities, space and better ventilation.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Often visited before. Country manor grounds, near Central London.
I booked the basement dormitory accommodation. Many other types of rooms available.
Bathrooms cleaned regularly.
Dining area large and cafeteria-like, no need to wash own dishes.
Kitchen small - no freezer, so need to go food shopping too often.
Better than average hostel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thanks for your nice feedback :)

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

You get want you pay for. To be honest I was short on cash, most of the 4 to 5 star hotels my hubby and I are accustom to were booked up for my preferred date. I was in two minds when booking this place. When I decided to cancel, the lodge had already taken the money from my account, had one day left before cancelling according to booking.com.
Anyway, we were greeted by the lovely Australia receptionist whom I spoke with on the phone. Who checked us in and remember me also. When we entered the room our mouths drop to the ground. The room was tiny very very basis. Bed was tiny little wooden slab which made quite a lot of noise everytime we turned..tea and coffee facilities in the room plus TV..bathroom was a wet room which made alot of mess walking towards to bed room floor. But I must say the rooms are extremely clean that's a bonus.
For hubby and I the lodge more suitable for students and there were quite a few students around. As well as families I presume were from abroad. Transports, resturants and shops close by. When leaving was hoping to see the lovely smiling Ausssie receptionist alas a stern face young man who wasn't as friendly didn't smile and did even say 'hope you enjoyed your stay'. Not for us never again!!. However, if your looking for something cheap clean for students or short stay. Checkout his hotel.

Cecelia

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to send through your feedback.
As your reservation was made via Booking.com, any refunds/cancellations unfortunately would have had to have been organised through them.
We are currently refurbishing and redesigning our rooms to have more facilities and space so all feedback is valued and taken seriously. We are all working hard to make our customers feel at home, we are sorry if in this occasion we felt short.