All reviews bed dorm willesden green tube station privacy curtains big hostel jubilee line female dorm free continental breakfast hour reception key card wembley stadium central london couple of nights short stay small room beds zone
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one red hot night last weekend. The rooms are basic but very clean. Showers good and spotless toilets. Despite the stifling heat we all slept well, and although we were above the bar, we were not disturbed. We ate in the bar and got a decent cheap burger, and drinks at a good price. For a place to rest your head and get about in London it was great. 10 minute walk to the tube and half an hour to the centre. I would stay again and save myself the money of a hotel, and treat myself somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
PalmersLodgeHostel, Public Relations Manager at Palmers Lodge Hillspring, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

You are welcome back anytime - thanks for your lovely feedback! :)

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The location of the hostel was convienent, as it was a short walk from the tube station. Once we followed the directions on google maps the first time we were able to memorise the route ourselves.

The staff were very helpful and friendly at check in. Our private room was a twin room (with bunkbeds) on the first floor with our own shower room. I'm not used to the hostel experience, so I found it difficult not having our own toilet and the shared bathroom was quite far down the corridor.

The hostel offered breakfast between 7am and 10am but I wasn't up early enough so I didn't get to have that. My friend said it was very busy and that she only had cereal, but it was fine. I only used the bar/lounge area to fill up my water bottle as the bar closed at midnight and we were back later than that. Overall it was a good experience, considering we booked it last minute and it wasn't too expensive.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for sending through your great feedback. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay :)

Reviewed 8 July 2017

I stayed for a night in dorm room shared by 14 people. The stuffs were super friendly. An ideal how people in the reception should be. The room was spacious enough and well ventilated. The bed was very comfortable and felt very hygienic. I really liked the curtain in the bed which gives some privacy. There was a toilet and a bath with the room which kept relatively clean. My only complain though is the size of the toilet is extremely small.

Location wise it is ok. It is not super close from the Willesden tube station (10-15 minutes walk) but there is a bus 98 that goes from central london to right in front of the hostel building. I will definitely stay there again. I will highly recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thanks for your great feedback and we hope to see you here again soon! :)

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We had the private room and it was perfect from the bed to walk in shower room! Didn't use the bar but spent a few hours chilling in the outdoor area! Highlight was the funny sign on the inside of our door

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you! :)

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Every single person I talked to at the reception desk was very nice and helpful. The beds were comfy and clean, the same goes for the bathrooms. The bathrooms were never overcrowded and they were always clean.

BUT - My room was supposed to be female-only dormitory, while my roommates had no problems with sleeping with strange men there. In the end, there was 5 or 6 people (4 women, 2 men) staying in 4 bed, female only room. I think that hostel staff may not have been aware of the situation. Also, I was told to change my bed in the middle of the stay, because of some dispute between staff and other hostel guest - at least that was what my roommates said, because the staff I asked about it later was apparently not aware of the situation.

The walls were very thin - one could easlily hear what was happening in the other rooms and in the corridor. The breakfast was quite poor - there were only toast, some cereals and one croissant per person. There was no juice avaliable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

We apologise for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately, sometimes it can be very challenging for our staff to control these occurrences so we would advise our guests to let management know so we can deal with this issue asap. Also, upon request, we are able to move guests if they are unhappy with their room. However, we will be sure to pass your feedback on to our management team.
We're sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast. However, we try to do our best to offer a nice complimentary breakfast for our guests including croissants, toast, fruit, cereal and a mixture of hot and cold beverages.