“Another delicious lunch at The Haven Bistro”
Review of Haven Bistro

Haven Bistro
Ranked #2,561 of 24,837 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 13 - USD 25
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fine or casual dining
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Seven members of the Foodie Group requested that we return to The Haven Bistro today for lunch, as we had had such a fantastic meal there a couple of months ago.

The restaurant is large and elegant with flowers on every table and a wonderful floral centrepiece throughout the middle of the dining room.

The staff are professional and helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them from the copious jugs of iced water to replacing the excellent baskets of bread and garlic butter.

Starters included deep fried King Prawns; Soupe du Jour and a chicken pate, which I was told was the best my guests had tasted.

The mains included grilled bream, chicken and lamb chops. Chops can be notoriously difficult to cut, but my request for a steak knife swiftly remedied that small problem.

Three of them gamely managed to have a cherry trifle, but the rest of us could only sit and watch, as we had overindulged in the first two courses....and that incredible bread!,

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

My Partner and I had a great time at Haven Bar and Bistro last weekend. The atmosphere was great, food was outstanding and the service was just right! From the time of making a booking, the owner, Julius, was considerate and arranged a quiet table for the two of us. The service was just right - not intrusive, very friendly, helpful and professional. And finally the food. It was outstanding! From the prawns to start with to the herb crusted hake, the flavour combinations were gorgeous. Nothing to fault whatsoever. We had a great experience and will definitely be returning to this beautiful restaurant in Whetstone.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This was a birthday celebration which I had planned in advance. I had ten guests and we were seated at a large round table where we could all communicate easily with each other. The food was excellent, the portions large, the service very good and the timing between courses just right. The waiter kept in eye contact with me for any confirmation of requests, etc. Even the approximate costings we had worked out were very close to the overall completed price. The reason I have only given four, and not five, stars is that I had stressed it was a birthday and agreed that at some point this would be emphasised by serving a cupcake with a candle on it or some such little gesture. I was (and am) disappointed that this did not happen. A minor point but nevertheless significant.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Went for lunch and met up with old work friends what a lovely meal we had and so reasonable. The restaurant has created a great ambiance the staff are so attentive. I certainly will go there again.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Revisited this restaurant again today for a function. The food was delicious and the ambience superb.

It will not disappoint. Give it a try