2,703 results
All reviewsbattersea parkbattersea power stationexercise bikesloane sqsauna and steam roomspa facilitiesmood lightinglovely hotelhuge bedbus stopminute walkrooms are spaciouslondon hotelbooked this hotellovely roombreakfast was excellentstayed for one night
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This large scale, very modern hotel is extremely convenient as a base in London as it is within walking distance of Victoria and national transport networks. It also has the advantage of being right by the river and next to the lovely Battersea Park. Views to the east are not attractive as windows overlook the razed site of the power station and an 'interesting' perspective on modern graffiti art. The railway lines pass very close. That said, the sound insulation is good and unless you wish to spend your day gazing out of your room window, it seems irrelevant. Rooms are very well appointed and very comfortable and the staff were helpful and had a good command of English [increasingly rare in the capital]. There is a tiny swimming pool in the basement which just about allows you to swim if there are no more than two other people in there, but it is very well presented and creates an ambiance of affluence. Parking is available at a very good rate in the adjacent underground car park.

Room Tip: Please see above.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I booked a weekend away for me and my girlfriend for Valentines, having worked in hotels before I have quite high standards. Initially I booked this hotel just for it's location so after reading reviews of people complaining about almost everything I didn't expect to much but I was pleasantly surprise. This is an excellent hotel. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our weekend went to plan and was as romantic as possible. Extra praise indeed to the staff in the spa. It is modern, clean and in good condition. Now I want to remark on some complaints I saw before booking, the hotel is situated just South of Chelsea Bridge with Battersea Park on the West and the tracks to London Victoria and Battersea Power Station on the East. Personally I love Battersea Power Station and trains, so this did not bother me but I see some people were most upset. LOOK ON A DAMN MAP BEFORE YOU BOOK! It isn't hard to work out. The only bad comments I can make about our stay was ordering pizza to our room from the Hotels room service menu. It cost £25 for two people and was awful quality, more like something from Domino's, all greasy and tasted bad. Not what I expect from a 4* Hotel. The other was when I checked out I found a 12.5% service charge had been added to my "drinks bill" at the bar, these drink aren't cheap to begin with so I asked to have that removed.

Room Tip: I requested a high numbered floor to get a good view of Chelsea Bridge, I realise now that is impossible because another building is in the way but we were given a lovely West facing view of Battersea Park instead. I would have been happy with a East facing view of Battersea Power Station but you run the risk of noise from engineering works during the night, however the rooms have good quality double glazing so it is unlikely you would be disturbed.
1  Thank Matthew_Bester
Reviewed 23 February 2013

value always depends on price you pay at that time. My early in the week booking was very reasonable for this quality of hotel. Later in the week was much dearer. Room was big and clean and modern. High charge for bedroom wifi use. I did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food. I did not use the spa facilities but they were available to me Battersea railway station is a 5 minutes walk with many fast connections to Victoria or Clapham Junction. Sloane Sq. tube is 15 minutes walk but a good bus service will take you there in minutes. The hotel exuded quality

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Clive D
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I reviewed this hotel in March 2011 and reiterate everything I said then. This time we were offered breakfast at a charge of £12.50 per head (£18.50 quoted on website). The buffet (included porridge) was excellent and frequently re-plenished. Orange juice and coffee also replenished at table.

We also visited the spa. Changing facilities are a little cramped so best to change in room and take the lift down.

As in our earlier visit, the staff were unfailingly helpful and we look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Rear rooms overlook Battersea Power Station looking towards the City. Front rooms face adjacent block of apartments
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you firstly for your return visit! For a Hotel this is surely the biggest compliment and I am pleased to hear that we did not disappoint you on your second return. Consistent standard and service delivery is a key factor in our business and adapting to various client’s needs and expectations is a challenge we welcome. Some interesting information for you is to know that the Battersea Power Station grounds are undergoing major development now and over the next couple of years you will continue to see a very interesting transformation. This will all have a positive impact in the Nine Elms node which includes our Chelsea Wharf area – so we hope to keep welcoming you back in the future and give you the chance to see the exciting changes taking place from your hotel room!