19,182 results
All reviewsbig benlondon eyestudio roomiconic viewprimo barmodern hotelsouth bankthe executive loungebig hotelexcellent locationsofa bedfantastic hotellounge areaan upgrademini bartube stationwestminster
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is possibly the nicest hotel I have stayed in (and I've been to some cracking ones). Upon entering the place, we were blown away with the beauty of the place - it was grand yet artistic and the right side of modern.

But the staff made the place. The receptionists went above and beyond to give us the best experience, helping us when we did not expect it or even ask for it. Couldn't have been friendlier.

Our room, a suite, was gorgeous- very spacious and clean. I loved the mood lighting and the views were fantastic.

It was great to have the added extras of a fridge, bath tub, dressing gown, slippers, free wifi... little things quite a lot of hotels take for granted.

The location was perfect - a stone's throw from both Waterloo and Westminster undergrounds; minutes from the London Eye and Westminster; and near enough to Trafalger Sq, Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden.

Our only complaint was that on a Sunday morning we had planned to just chill at the pool for an hour or so... but unfortunately it was not the least little bit relaxing. It should have been lovely - it was clearly made as a 'spa' pool but was full of kids screaming and splashing. When we mentioned this to reception (after spending only 10 mins there) we were told the adults time was between 6-8am and 8-10pm. That's just a bit ridiculous for a hotel like this - not exactly a 'family' hotel.

But overall, pool aside, we loved this place and would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Well the higher you go, the better the view...
1  Thank lmarshall5
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Wow indeed! Thank you lmarshall5 for your 5 star review and recommendation.

Our entire team are committed to providing a great experience for all our guests, I have shared your review with the team and we are all delighted that you had such a great time with us.

Sorry about the misunderstanding with the pool, the pool is open from 6am to 10pm, last entry at 9:30pm, however, kids are allowed access from 8am to 8pm. With it being the start of half term and us being so family friendly, during your stay there was a greater number of children enjoying the pool than usual.

Hope you’ll be back soon to truly relax.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in the hotel during a company conference in early February definitely impressive studio room, clean and spacious was the first time stay with PP Westminster Bridge. Hotel is close to all major central attractions walk able distance to Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Whitehall, London Eye.

Check-in was okay could have been better staff lacked in basic etiquettes was not even GREETED at the time of arrival, at the time of check-in and waited for 20 mins by the time front office assistant could understood that I am check-in with a group.

Breakfast was a huge huge disappointment, hotel of that stature in central London cannot afford to follow such standards of grooming and communication were management team member speaking in polish with each other inside restaurant without any hesitation and wearing sports shoes with horrible understanding of basic English. With food not replenished constantly I requested a member of staff on buffet Michal to inquire about hot food as it was empty and he replied rudely that HIS COLLEAGUES WILL DO THAT with so many other items on buffet being empty and I suppose it was not even a busy EARLY morning.

Day 2, We decided to go a bit late for breakfast as we were suppose to meet for a brief meeting before our conference. We my colleagues already inside the restaurant waiting. I was asked to go downstairs in large conference room to have my breakfast despite repeating twice at the desk that we have a table inside already the lady looks like didn't even understood or believed.
Downstairs in large conference room was chaotic but still member of staff were given instruction in their own European language which was freely spoken throughout.

Would definitely recommend Woodly from Breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms with the view are definitely amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank John G
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear John G,

Thank you for your review, however, I am of course disappointed to read your comment with regards to some of our team members.

We have a passionate dedicated team and I am sorry this did not shine through during your stay with us.

I have shared your comments with our Front of House Manager and our Food and Beverage Director, and we’ll be keeping an eye on the points that you have mentioned as we know this is not the norm.

Thank you for your kind words regarding Woodly and I do hope you’ll be able to join us soon to enjoyed our improved service on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is a very modern hotel with an array of amenities. Book early for discounted rates. We stayed in the *Studio* room and it was very spacious, clean and decorated very well. Their staff was polite, professional and prompt. We got daily breakfast included in the rate (well worth it). So far, the best breakfast menu choices/preparation we've had in Europe or Asia. We have stayed in hotels (>30) all over the world and would rate this in our top 5.

Room Tip: Book early for the best rates (it's worth it).
1  Thank WorldTraveler355
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear WorldTraveler355, thank you for your review.

We are delighted to be in your top 5 of hotels in Europe!

I couldn’t agree more on the benefits of booking early, it’s because our guest book early that they enjoy an Advance saving via the Park Plaza Westminster website. Why not sign up to receive our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss out in the future?! However, please note that these Advance bookings are subject to related terms and conditions.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

helpful staff, lovely room, excellent service. we opted for the room up grade when we booked on-line and it was well worth it. lovely big suite - fantastic views and was immaculately clean. we had a few days away to celebrate my husbands fortieth and the restaurant had sent up a huuuuuge slice of chocolate cake, beautifully decorated, and iced with "happy fortieth" . an example of how lovely everything was - cost them financially little but was a lovely touch for us. location wise its fantastic - so many nice bars and restaurants on that side of the river and crossing over the hungerford bridge you arrive very quickly at covent garden and all its delights.

Room Tip: we didn t use the spa but have no need to think it wouldn t be good - everything else was perfect
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you sjw191255 for adding another 5 star review, my team and I genuinely appreciate your feedback.

We're happy to have surprised you with the cake which enhanced your experience with us.

I hope we can welcome you back again for many more special occasions, just let us know prior to arrival and we’ll look after you.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom studio for 3 nights, the hotel was very modern, clean and furnished both around the hotel and in our studio to a high standard. It was an excellent location for sightseeing, although it's a busy hotel there was always plenty of staff who were friendly and helpful.The choice at the breakfast buffet was really good, the staff made sure everyone was seated very quickly and were very efficient at clearing and cleaning tables. Would definately use this hotel next time I am in London.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Tracy W for your 5 star review, I have shared your comments with the team and we are pleased to have provided a great experience for you.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back again soon, just let me know when you've booked your next stay.