“Great location”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #188 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We just spent a wonderful weekend staying in the hotel and I must say, our stay was fantastic! We had a large room with a living room and the room was spotless!! The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel decor was very nice with a great view of big Ben. Breakfast had a variety of choice for food and they even had a play area for children in the breakfast room! We walked everywhere without any hassle to trafalgar square, Leicester square, Piccadilly, Oxford street and Buckingham palace! Hotel was full at the time thus we couldn't upgrade but still the room that we were offered was lovely. We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (17,914)

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Easier to access hotel from Westminster rather than Waterloo or Lambeth North due to location.

Luke warm reception on check in. Requested free upgrade due to deal offered as this was not mentioned. After querying this the receptionist did upgrade though I was left to guess this as she did not reply, just tapped away on the computer.
Studio room. Very clean. Comfortable bed. No biscuits just tea and coffee on tray. No water.

Breakfast ok though suspect come of it was evenings warmups, fishcakes and what looked like cabbage! Eggs made to order. Very friendly helpful staff.

Expensive drinks in bar. Rolled chicken, not chicken breast in BLT, very expensive for what we had.
Complimentary newspapers for guests rarely seen

1  Thank snorman
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Had a multiple round argument with Managment about whether or not as a gold I was eligible for a rom upgrade. Even when I showed them the language on the website showing I was eligible, they tried to deflect and explain that their excuse was in the footnotes. Not true! Additionally when I checked in I was offered the option to prepay for breakfast at 12 pounds instead of 23. When I went down the next morning I was told I had to pay the full amount. Staff appear quite unwilling to please customers. Other than that I loved the room and location and the fact that the hotel is relatively new.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank HoustonBaze
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This was a good option for us. The room was very modern, bed very comfortable and spacious. The hotel is on a great location and was quiet at night.

However, the service was very impersonal and we were definitely just another face in the crowd. In addition to this, we chose this hotel because it had a pool but when we went to use it....it was shut for maintenance. Im sure I am not the only guest who fancied a dip on a Sunday morning :-(
Why not do maintenance of the pool at night?

Had a good time but will probably try somewhere else next time

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Thank you for your review happyhels, I’m sorry you were not able to enjoy all our facilities.

Regrettably the works were emergency maintenance works as we certainly would have scheduled the works at a more appropriate time.

I’m sorry to note you will not be returning but hope we will have the opportunity in the near future to redeem ourselves.

Thank you.

Regards,
Hasham Soliman
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

This is a large hotel, so don't expect too much from breakfast, it is rather massive with the number of people making use of it, which gives the food an institutionary representation and taste. For the remainder the hotel is very well done, rooms nicely done.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your review James290774, I’m sorry to note you experienced such a poor breakfast service, I’ll keep an eye on this area, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I’m pleased to note you enjoyed our comfy rooms and I hope we can see you again soon to enjoy all we have to offer.

Thank you.