“Great hotel, skip the breakfast”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #188 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Great hotel. Rooms are wonderful. Really sharp, all the amenities you can imagine. The only drawback of my room is that the window view was the atrium. That being said, you'd never know it from being in the room with the curtains pulled.
The only reason I'm taking a star off, is the breakfast. Rubbish. I'd expect more from a hotel of this quality.

Room Tip: Skip breakfast and try and book a room with a window to the outside by asking for it when reserving.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Olivier_Amar
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Oliver_Amar,

Thank you for your review.

We have had a number of positive reviews regarding our breakfast therefore it is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy our breakfast.

However, we are grateful for your review and we hope to see you again soon, so a quick tip for next time: we have a number of breakfast options which are certainly better value than the restaurant. The best of all is the Executive Lounge package at £39 per couple which includes 2 breakfasts, tea and coffee all day, full afternoon tea and then canapés and drinks from a full bar until 8pm. Keep an eye out on our website for the park Plaza package and you may even get this for £25. Another option is the Illy Espressement coffee shop on the ground floor, similar in style and price to a Prêt or a Starbucks.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (17,909)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Hotel Foyer impressive, check in service however rather slow. Room on 3rd floor very dark no natural light. Needed lights on all the time, situated at the back facing a wall with a window with a view of very high drop that looked like an atrium but could only see the top of one tree. Quite small in comparison to others we have stayed in at London at the same price and this price did not even include breakfast. Attention to detail also lacking in comparison to others at same price. Rooms were clean but not very well sound proofed . We were expecting more as the reviews had been very positive but we would not return to this hotel again.

1  Thank Dawn A

Thank you Glastofamily for your review.

Unfortunately not all our rooms have an external window, we endeavour to make this clear on our website and without knowing the room type that was requested I am unable to comment freely.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife. I have previously stayed here on business so knew what to expect. Its a great location- near the London Eye and Houses of Parliament. Its easy to explore London on foot from here. We were upgraded to a suite on the 12th floor which had a lovely view of the Thames and Houses of Parliament. They even left a complimentary birthday cake for me which was a nice touch. The bar areas are very comfortable and service levels are excellent. All in all great value for money and an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the high floor and ask for a good view.
2  Thank NCampbell72
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Reasonable price for location. Room was clean and staff very pleasant. Breakfast was OK.
I would stay here again. I was in the middle of the hotel so ask for a window if you can as I had no mobile phone coverage.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I am still trying to figure out why this hotel is not in the top 20 ranking on TripAdvisor because I found it to be fantastic. I had a standard atrium room, and while there was no direct natural light, the light in the room was more than adequate, and I'm a person who loves light. The view through my atrium room was of Big Ben, it could not have been better. The check in process was simple and the staff was very polite. The food through room service, the bar, and the coffee shop was delicious. I did not have a chance to eat in the restaurant proper. The concierge service was such a help. We had a flight that arrived early in the morning, so our room was not ready, but they kindly offered check our bags. Also, the first full morning of our trip, we asked the concierge for any recommendations for a bus/sight seeing trip because we wanted to make the most of our 2 days in London and his suggestion was exactly what we needed. (Big Bus Tours) Additionally, this hotel is set in the perfect location, I mean perfect. It is literally a very quick walk over a bridge and you are in the heart of Westminster. Unbelievable. The rooms are very modern. The bathrooms are incredible, both a shower and incredibly large tub. The beds are soft. I have only two complaints. One would be their rather odd pillows and two would be the lack of bathrobes, but that's it. That's my entire list of complainants. But best of all, and I probably should have started with this, is that everything was clean. I feel this is the most important aspect of any hotel I stay at and this hotel certainly was.

3  Thank ashfoster

Thank you Ashfoster for this great review.

I have shared your comments with our team and we are all happy we could make your stay enjoyable.

I am pleased to confirm we will finally be receiving our new pillows in early March. Each room will have one feather and a non feather pillow as well as two smaller pillows. At anytime guests can request more of their preferred pillow.

We hope to see you again to enjoy them.

Thank you.