“Very disappointed!”

Dean Street Townhouse Hotel & Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Dean Street Townhouse Hotel & Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,102 of 25,021 Restaurants in London
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A colleague of mine retired at the end of December so being sensible when there is a high demand for restaurants decided to hold her celebration in January. Due to the number of guests (10) we were having problems finding a decent restaurant who could sit us all on one table. So I was very pleased when The Deanstreet Townhouse confirmed they could and could accommodate us on the date we wanted. That unfortunately is the end of the good bit!

When we arrived our table for 10 was actually a table for 6 with 10 placesettings on it. When asked if they could move us or add another table on the restaurant refused! So sitting cheek to cheek, elbow to elbow We then had to choose from a set menu at £65pp with about 4 choices on and only 1 vegetarian option. The food arrived quite quickly and was ok but due to the lack of table space I think some of us ended us sharing chip portions and although cooked I wouldn’t say it was piping hot! I have to say I was expecting something outstanding in the way of food but was sorely disappointed as it was just ok.

All I All I was very disappointed with this restaurant and even though they knew it was for a very special occasion they still considered their profit more important than their customers experience. I certainly won’t be returning or recommending this restaurant and I shouldn’t think any of my guests will.

I have emailed the restaurant a couple of times but don’t feel i have received a satisfactory response or apologie hence this review.

Darren W, Manager at Dean Street Townhouse Hotel & Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Hunibun70,

Thank you for the feedback could you please let me know the name of the booking so that I may look in to it.

sincerely

Darren

Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful time, excellent food and top service. British recipes, fresh products and vegetables. A restaurant that delivers what you pay for, and far beyond. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We went here without a reservation for a pre-theatre meal and had no difficulty in getting a table. We were greeted well and shown to a good table and handed the menu, but had to ask for the pre-theatre menu, which we did choose from. It is not cheap and very limited in choice but we had the fish and it was absolutely excellent, certainly amongst the best Zi have ever had. Service was friendly and efficient in general, but unfortunately due to different waiters taking our food and drinks orders, they forgot to serve the wine. When this was pointed out they were quick to apologise and immediately brought the missing wine- and did not charge for it.
Tables were reasonably well spaced and the atmosphere was lively without being intrusive.

DSTH-Managers, Manager at Dean Street Townhouse Hotel & Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Rvwr2012

Thank you for the feedback we are happy that you enjoyed your meal with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
sorry that you had to wait for the wine.
all the best

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

For a restaurant that is known for their Fish & Chips, we made a reservation before leaving on our London vacation. Upon arrival and 5 of 6 ordered Fish & Chips, we were told that there were only 3 orders left. Very disappointing when coming from Buffalo NY to try this dish out. The two in our group out of luck had other fish dishes that were only ok.

Dear docjj1,

So sorry that we ran out of the fish and chips on your visit,sometimes certain dishes can be very popular and we may run short.
sincerely

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Dinner and catch up with friends living in London. Service was good, food was ok and it ended up being a really nice night all round.

Hi Anthony O,

So glad you enjoyed your night and dinner with us see you soon