“For a week end... very good deal”

Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #348 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The idea is to bring the hotel to a 5-stars standard. So, the rooms are great, very nicely decorated, with space which is rare to find in London... All is OK except for the staff who is still learning. They try and work hard lo launch the hotel. As they are aware that the service is not perfect (compared to a 5*), they offer you very good prices. (!!! the service may not be perfect but the staff is so nice, respectful and friendly... At the end, it's all that matters !!!).
Great rooms, quality of services to improve but very good prices... It's a win win deal.
The location is perfect on the left bank. But you need a car. The terrace is also very enjoyable.
I love this place.

Room Tip: Be sure to have a room with a view on the Thames. I don't remember if all the rooms have one. D...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,093)

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I know, I know, of course there are places in London that are better than this, but for the value, im not so sure!

I took my partner away for an easter break (before easter!) and we stayed in one of the Nile suites for one ngith. If you phone up you can either request a room with a view of the Thames or a Jacuzzi. I went with the Jacuzzi as it still had a partial view of the Thames and it was a lovely view at that so dont be put off by the "partial view".

The room was something to behold, a large wooden door with a glass panel to put your card against which in turn opens the door into the "reception" area of the room we had (room 104) you have a large wardrobe on your right (with hangers, hair drier, safe, slippers etc) and to the left of the wardrobe is the mini-bar. A nice little touch was the desk on the left side of the reception which is where you find the keyboard for the internet TV and an iPod dock for your music that can be listened to throughout the whole room (including bathroom)

On our left was a huge, comfy queen sized bed with some of the comfiest pillows my head has had the pleasure of bedding down on! 42" LCD TV in front of the bed (hanging from the ceiling) with a good selection of freeview channels and the ability to control the air-con and the lights in the room (a very good, maybe lazy touch!)

To the right when you enter is the large bathroom with massage shower, huge square rain head shower, "his and hers" sinks, toilet and the luxury, touch controlled jacuzzi with remote controlled TV in the wall. The jacuzzi has a few nice touches and settings including a light which pulses under the water while you relax (I had a nice time relaxing on a sunday morning!). I also had a shower the night before we went out which was just as good and refreshing, if im honest.

Around the corner from the bedroom was the dining room / lounge area with a nother 42" LCD TV but this room was not used, just admired!

The staff and service was very attentive and allowed us to stay an hour later at no extra cost and even left us a card and chocolates on the house. The only gripe i have is that i had reservations for 09:30 at covent garden and someone from the restaurant opposite had parked in front of me after the valet had parked my car out front - but this was not the hotels fault and they swiftly tracked down the owner and i got our - much to my disappointment i had to change my reservation to accomodate my 30 minutes of being late.

the location is clearly stated on the website and i knew i was going to be better off driving my car but the location didnt put me off. I was annoyed when people complained about this as it clearly lays out everything you need to know on the website.

I would love to come back and stay at this hotel and i have a very strong feeling i will.

Thanks again to all the staff who were helpful throughout all the phone calls and email correspondance before and during the stay. top class.

Room Tip: Room 104 has a jacuzzi and partial view of the Thames
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Garry87
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Reception was polite, respectful helpful and friendly. A perfect combination.
Our experience was a great surprise, this hotel is highly recommended to anyone. Very professionally managed, a credit to the owner.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Me my girlfriend and parents stayed here for 1 night before our flight to las Vegas.
The hotel is excellent, the staff were very friendly and we couldn't ask for more. We just wished we could of spent more time at the hotel but as we had a show booked and was leaving early the next morning we didn't spend a lot of time here.
However we did use the steam sauna and jacuzzi which all were really nice.
The hotel is right on the river aswell which Is an excellent location.
People who moan about the location are being very petty, the hotel even puts on a free car to take you to tube or train station which we used.
We will be returning to the hotel rafayel and hope to spend more time at the hotel and use more of what this excellent hotel has to offer.
Thank you rafayel for making the start to our holiday a memorable one
Glen

Room Tip: Try for a room with river facing
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is definitely in my list of top hotels in England. It was exceptionally good value for money and the rooms unlike many hotels are huge and beautifully decorated. The rooms are tasteful and luxurious, not a boutique hotel done on the cheap! Staff are all really friendly and make you feel very special.
The only disappointment was the restaurant which has stunning views but the food was very bland. Worth having a morning coffee or afternoon glass of wine though as looking out over the Thames is lovely.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple