“Signature menu”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Set high above the bustle of Regent Street on the fifth floor of the famous former Dickins & Jones building, aqua london is one of the capital's most unique and exciting drinking and dining destinations with its two restaurants, cocktail bar and stunning roof terraces. Aqua kyoto is a unique Japanese restaurant showcasing chef Paul Greening's innovative cuisine. An extensive menu of beautifully-presented sushi and sashimi is complemented by creative hot dishes combining the highest quality British produce with Paul's contemporary technique. A central sushi bar and open sumibiyaki charcoal grill combine with sleek black and red decor to create a sense of theatre in keeping with aqua kyoto's location in the heart of the West End. Pass the Pamplona bull that seems to charge at you along the sultrily-lit corridor and find yourself in aqua nueva, offering Spanish dining at its finest. Here chef Alberto Hernandez presents a modern take on traditional northern Spanish cuisine, reinterpreting classic dishes in exciting new ways. Meanwhile at London's first dedicated Cava Bar guests can order from a menu of delicious tapas while enjoying a glass of cava from an extensive list. At the heart of aqua london is aqua spirit and its charcoal-ringed bar representing Zen purity. Perennially popular as a destination for beginning, ending or spending an evening, at aqua spirit master mixologists serve up some of the finest cocktails in London. Aqua spirit boasts two hidden gems - outdoor terraces with stunning views over London's rooftops, perfect places to relax and refresh.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Usually I skip set menus at most places as the choice is not great, however the chef has carefully crafted a very good introduction to the wonderful artistic selection of fine dining at Aqua kyoto at a very reasonable cost that included a cocktail.

We did order an extra dish to try, the salmon roll topped with lobster and miso bisque is recommended.

Looking forward to trying the Main menu next time.

1  Thank girlielogic
Aqua L, guest relations at Aqua Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Girlielogic,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us at Aqua Kyoto. It is a delight to read that you enjoyed the set menu and I have passed your wonderful comments onto the team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at guestrelations@aqua-london.com when you choose to dine with us again and I will be most happy to look after you and that you have a great experience.

Laura

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Oh boy, just go and check this place yourself. Loved it! Food was A-mazing! Atmosphere vibrant, current, relaxed and sophisticated. You also can pop in and have only drinks by visitig huge bar with great tracks on the playlist. Can't wait to come back now on Friday or Saturday night to feel a buzz once again!

1  Thank Vaida Z
Aqua L, Guest Relations at Aqua Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Vaida,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us at Aqua Kyoto. It is a delight to read that you enjoyed the food and our venue. I have passed your wonderful comments onto the team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at guestrelations@aqua-london.com when you choose to dine with us again and I will be most happy to look after you.

Laura

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Came for lunch with a friend who was staying with me for a few days from Switzerland... Been wanting to go here for YEARS and I'm glad I came with my dear friend...
It was very quiet being a Thursday but we were there for the food, not the crowd...at least not this gathering :).
We were greeted with big smiles and very hospitable all round.
We ordered '12 piece chef selected sashimi' and '12 piece chef selected sushi' as starters.
It was very colourful and pretty. The slices were a little on the small side but the freshness and presentation made up for it.
Mains, we had the 'tezukuri yakisoba' and 'botan ebi gohan'.
The first item was obviously noodles with king crab and ginger (main ingredients). Never had those types of noodles before but they were delish! The garnish was fish skin that constantly like it was alive...haha - STILL ate it.
The second item were prawns with ginger once again. It came on a hot plate and our waitress mixed it all up in front of us.
We accompanied our meal with a saki, don't ask me which, just asked for the mild one... I'm not a massive fan of saki but this was ok for someone like me, nice and light.
As we were very pleasant ;) our waitress also gave us edamame beans whilst we waited for our food when we were first sat down and then mini ice cream cones for desserts...
Even with my 'industry' 50% discount on food, they still treated us with the above bonuses.
Would come back as the food was absolutely yummo plus a nice roof top that had great city views.

1  Thank Hoffstarr
Aqua L, Reception Manager at Aqua Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Hoffstarr,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us at Aqua Kyoto. It is a delight to read that you enjoyed your lunch and I have passed your wonderful comments onto the team.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Came here this Saturday for the weekend brunch with friends, this was my 4th visit and it won’t be my last, I love this place!
The food is outstanding! The set menu has something for everyone although being Japanese you need to love sushi:)
The staff here are friendly and attentive, we went for the unlimited bubbles option and our glasses were kept topped up! They know the way to a woman’s heart!
The wagu beef is an optional extra and not cheap (£10 for 2 small skewers) but worth a try if you’ve never had it - amazing! The tempura prawns are a hilight too but to be honest it’s difficult to single out anything, it’s all top notch! This is a great place for a special occasion (if you need to justify it!) and if you go on a sunny day make sure you have a drink out on the terrace, beautiful views across the roof tops of the West End, a great 2 hours that comes highly recommended by me :)

1  Thank Faye C
Aqua L, Reception Manager at Aqua Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Faye C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us at Aqua Kyoto. It is a delight to read that you enjoyed your brunch and I have passed your wonderful comments onto the team.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant for the bottomless champagne deal and was very impressed. They constantly topped us up and we never had an empty glass.
The tempura prawns were lovely and the sushi very nice. You don’t get a vast amount of food but then I think it’s still a good deal for the champagne.

1  Thank Merchant18

Dear Merchant18,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us at Aqua Kyoto. It is a delight to read that you enjoyed the your brunch and I have passed your wonderful comments onto the team.