All reviewswashing machinegreat apartmentsbedroom apartmentbrick lanetower bridgelovely apartmentthe penthousespitalfields marketliving areafull kitchentube stationthe sofa bedfloor to ceiling windowsgood sizedistrict lineminute walklate check
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Lovely room, good size & great views. We had a penthouse 2 bed & we have 4 small kids & we still managed.Clean with all usual amenities. Tv was through the Internet so a bit jumpy but used it as an excuse to read instead. It's only a few mins from the tube so travel was easy. We would go back again. Beware of questionable manners from reception, one in particular spoke to a manager over the phone in front of me complaining that I needed my room now as my baby was crying - a lot. He wasn't that bad & it was hours after the check in time so I was not impressed that it wasn't ready & of how rude she was.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank 4kidsandabackpack
Andrada S, Manager at Marlin Apartments Aldgate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear 4kidsandabackpack,

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time out to review your stay in Marlin Apartments.
I am delighted that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the views of our penthouses.

Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my staff. I am shocked that you did not receive a warm welcome upon arrival, as our main focus is to provide the best customer service to all our guest.

Should you choose to travel to London again in the near future, I would love to be given the opportunity to personally ensure that your second stay is both enjoyable and welcoming.

Building Manage

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed at the Marlin Apartments with our three young kids in a two bedroom apartment. It was a very comfortable stay in a modern apartment. It is a short walk to the Tube station and restaurants etc. Good transport connections. We had a cot in the main bedroom but it was a bit tight in terms of fitting and being able to walk around. The staff were friendly and helpful. A couple of suggestions for the apartment managers would be to think seriously about how much you charge for a travel cot - it would have been cheaper for us to buy one and throw it away (and we were only staying three nights) and perhaps look for a more secure arrangement for storing luggage. Otherwise, a really good stay. Thanks.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JB_in_NZ

Dear JB_in_NZ,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Marlin Apartments Tower Bridge. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you for the lovely comments about the staff, I will make sure to pass them onto my team.

Please contact us directly for the best rates.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is a very new and very nice apartment block. Very good value. My only advice would be not to follow the instructions about finding it. The owners should go back to the Aldgate east tube and get off and then write the instuctions as they walk to Marlin. what appears on the www site and what happens on the ground bear no relationship to each other.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Andrada S, Manager at Marlin Apartments Aldgate, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear RicardoSarre,

Thank you for taking the time to write about Marlin Apartments Tower Bridge. We are delighted that you found them to be good value. We appreciate your comments and we are currently working on updating our website.

Looking forward to welcome you back,

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed in a one bedroom executive apartment and it was crisp and clean, spacious and very comfortable. Fully fitted fabulous kitchen with a big fridge as well as freezer, oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher and a washer/dryer. Perfect! Nice bathroom ( although the bath was a bit small) very comfortable bed- mind you the beds are not meant for people over 6'2''.
I was on the 16th floor- amazing view. Very helpful and friendly staff.
The Aldgate East area is not a particularly flashy one, but the apartment is only a few minutes walk from the tube station and it only takes 15-20 minutes to get to central London by tube- which is great for London apartments! It does get quite noisy ( also because in the area they were busy building during the day time ) Commercial road as well as White Chapel Road are very busy, but it did not bother me in the least.
The only thing that was NOT so good : the wireless internet connection. I could not get online for 2 days although the staff were very helpful and got someone in to sort it. It was okay after that ( still very slow but at least I could get some work done) .
A tip fot the Marlin management : perhaps it would be a good idea to provide some more basic groceries for people who have been travelling and get there late. - like half a loaf, couple of eggs, milk, some salt and pepper and butter.
Their was a coffee machine but I found it impossible to buy coffee machine filters anywhere, so I settled for instant coffee ( some was also provided).
You get a change of sheets- towels once a week. You can always wash them yourself though. I actually quite liked not being woken up by a maid every morning and it is great to be able to do as you please; I really felt really at home there. Unfortunately in the kitchen there was no frying pan, the oven was great though so did most of my cooking in there.
All in all a great place. I would most definitely stay there again. I stayed in many apartment hotels and this is one of the best so far.

Room Tip: I did not see a swimming pool or fitness centre and I was not told at reception there was a pool. That is a pity because i would have liked an early morning swim. So do ask about facilities when you check in.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear JayZM,

Thank you very much for your kind review about our apartments. I am pleased to see that you appreciated our standard of cleanliness, that you found our team so helpful, and the apartment of such an excellent quality. Aldgate is ideally located in Zone 1, but If you are looking for a more central location we have properties like Queen Street near St. Paul’s Cathedral or Empire Square just a few minutes from London Bridge. Our reservation Team can offer you any further information of those locations.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Building Manger

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Marlin Apartments Tower Bridge - Aldgate. The apartment was very spacious , clean, practical. Every thing we needed was there. Our next stay in London will be at the Marlin Apartments!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank GoPlaces369695

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We value the opinion of our guests and we are pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay at Marlin Apartments Tower Bridge. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact us directly for the best rates.