All reviews washing machine bedroom apartment brick lane tower bridge great apartment the penthouse spitalfields market living area full kitchen tube station the sofa bed floor to ceiling windows tesco express good size district line minute walk late check
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed in these apartments the 17th feb - 20th. As we didn't arrive till late fri nite we were eager too get too our apartment as quickly as we could. So rang the night porter from aldgate east subway for directions and basically he could not direct us at all. We spent an hour trying too get there even tho it was just around de corner! We were fuming,he obviously didn't know where it was he was working! So it started very badly. But we were happy with de apartments and de location was central. Had problems with de water twice over de wkend,just make sure it's workin at peak times as u may have too have a cold shower.

• Stayed: February 2012
DeclanCS, General Manager at Marlin Apartments Aldgate, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear Magsc33,

Thank you very much for your comments. It is always helpful to receive our guest comments in order that we can eliminate our failings and plan for the future improvements.

I was quite shocked to read the comments regarding the staff not knowing the location. We pride ourselves in offering top quality service. I have passed your comments onto the building manager in Aldgate and they have assured me that they have carried out further training with all staff in light of this.

I do hope that you may consider giving us a second chance. If you would like to make a return visit, please contact me directly and I will ensure that we will deliver a full Marlin experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Forget hotels use marlin, amazing cost effective for a home away from home.

Near everything you want to visit and a Tesco with brilliant kitchen and comfy bed.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Marlin in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed for 1 night as a line business traveller, very cheap rate online (£95 for a 1 bedroom apartment). The apartments were a 15 min walk from my office so very convenient. Reception lady really nice and helpful, pouted out where tesco was (2min walk) and held my bags while I nipped there. She explained the wifi and a few other things. The apartment was beautiful. Spotless, nice decor and furnishings, roomy and what a view from the floor to ceiling windows. The bed was comfy, nice duvet rather than sheets and cover which I hate, the kitchen was incredibly well equipped with a washing machine, dishwasher and microwave as well as every utensil you could need. Bathroom small but perfectly formed with a large shower. Balcony was a nice touch although in -3 I wasn't going out there! So so impressed by the standard at that price. A couple of minor niggles, you need photo id to check in and a credit card to pre authorise £200 in case of damages. This is all fine but should be highlighted and made clear in the booking email, I hadn't seen it but had those things anyway. Also I couldn't get the heaters to work! Wasn't too bad otherwise I would've called reception but if it's that complicated a sticker with info on the heater would be good. Overall very happy and will be back.

Dear GemmaK77

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. I am thrilled that we were able exceed your expectations.

I have taken note of your comments and have passed them onto the building manager.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Marlin.

Please contact our reservations team for your next visit as the best available rates can be obtain by booking direct.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

For a recent (04/01 to 08/01 0 whilst on a family/business trip to London we stayed at the Marlin apartments ,Commercial Road Aldgate .This turned out to be a very lucky choice ,i.e. for Excel exhibition ,(Boat Show )and shops The apartments were well appointed ,furnishings good and staff very helpful .All forms of transport within easy reach and Supermarkets within 10mins walk .
We would return ,
J Owen

Room Tip: The higher the better just for the views
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank wjohnowen
DeclanCS, General Manager at Marlin Apartments Aldgate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Dear Wjohnowen,

Thank you for your kind comments, it was good to read you enjoyed your stay particularly as it was your first time staying at the hotel. I am also glad that you found the location to be centrally located.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in near future.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

The room is comfortable giving the feeling like staying home. I were there for 3 weeks and love every moment. The location is pretty good with walking distance to tube. All I can say is I surely go back there.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear BO-HBS,

Thank you for choosing Marlin Apartments, Aldgate City East for your stay and for taking time out to share your feedback.

It is delightful to note you had an excellent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in near future.