All reviews washing machine bedroom apartment brick lane tower bridge great apartment the penthouse spitalfields market living area full kitchen tube station the sofa bed floor to ceiling windows tesco express good size district line minute walk late check
Reviewed 23 September 2011

i stayed at Marlin for 5 weeks. great service at the reception, and always ready to help. Very clean and neat apartment, and very good size for a London apartment with huge living rooms and a great view. Its 10 min walk to Tower Bridge and Tower of London, so for those looking to visit the city its quite ok despite it not being within the city centre. Spitalfields market is also walking distance, and there are a number of good restaurants, fast food and a small supermarket nearby.

Overall a place i would recommend for a longer stay, and though not within the city centre, still near attractions and is convenient. service is great and reception always attentive and ready to help.

Room Tip: rooms differ in size, but i'm not sure if the prices differ as well. best to get the larger rooms if same price
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
DeclanCS, General Manager at Marlin Apartments Aldgate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Dear TYXTYX

Thank you for choosing Marlin Apartments, Aldgate for your stay and for taking time out to share your feedback.

It is delightful to note you had an excellent stay with us and your comments about our staff are indeed very encouraging for our team members to keep providing excellent services to our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I was staying fo 5 weeks in at the apartment due to a business trip. Especially, the guys at the reception were very nice, well organised and of great help when asking for information. The rooms are modernly furnished and clean. I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to everybody who wants to stay central, comfortable and in an convenient atmosphere. I would highly recommend it for business related stays as well.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Marius1306,

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Marlin Apartments, City Towers. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our central location. I am pleased to read that we were able to provide you with quality and value throughout your stay.

We have noted your encouraging comments about our staff at the Front Desk and appreciate it.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay the experience that you are hoping for please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

I booked this as my friend and I were having attending an event with our 2 daughters and we wanted to stay together, which would have been difficult in a hotel. I was slightly worried about how the standard would compare to a hotel stay and was absolutely impressed on every level. The apartment was huge, with quality fixtures and fittings. The bathrooms contained gorgeous L'Occitaine toiletries and lovely fluffy towels.
We were on 12th floor, and the floor to celing windows offered amazing views of London.
The staff of checkout were extremely good, professional and smiling, and made sure that we had been happy with everything.
I stay in The City regularly on business and will now put Marlin Apartments to the top of my list !

Room Tip: Request a high floor for amazing views of Londn.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Dear CByrne,

Thank you for your kind comments, it was good to read you enjoyed your stay particularly as it was your first time staying at the hotel.

I am also glad that you found the Apartment to be of high quality, but most of all that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will certainly share your comments with the team.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

One of the major drawbacks of being located on commercial road is the fact that the road runs for a very. very. long. stretch. prior research before going there on gmaps would be fruitless too, since the snapshot was taken before the building was built. From the tube station we took an hour to get there, simply because passers-by pointed us towards all but the right direction.

once this obstacle was surmounted, however, it was another lovely experience. Large spacious rooms, free wireless (via the cloud, though this does take considerably more navigating than the rest of the wireless in other hotels), the usual impressive array of cooking battlegear that'd put my own kitchen to shame, the impressive view over aldgate. The table, however, was broken, and had its legs glued together with a white substance. This made me slightly uneasy since, as with all the rest of the apartments, a pre-authorization charge of £200 had to be made.

reception could be rude, depending on the person you get (we got a lady who couldn't speak english very well and kept going oh my god at us when we asked for help, and then a lovely young gentleman who cheerfully helped us with whatever we needed during our stay) but since the apartment's pretty much self-subsisting and the only necessary interaction with the service (if you are unlike us) comes at check-in/check-out, i'd say it's well worth a stay.

we got this for £150 a night, supposedly a bargain.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
DeclanCS, General Manager at Marlin Apartments Aldgate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Dear ilyr
Thank you very much for posting your review of The Marlin Apartments, City Towers. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to read that we were able to provide you with quality and value throughout your stay.
We have taken your comments regarding finding our property onboard, and I have asked the marketing team to have a look at the location map on our website to ensure that it is user friendly. I have also asked the building manger to address the customer service issues you raised.
We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit. You may also be delighted to know that we also have a wonderful building in Canary South, which is only minutes away from the O2. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay the experience that you are hoping for please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely
Group Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Was very pleased with my apartment in this building. All nice, comfortable and well maintained - great apartment for a good price!
Very spacious apartment, quiet, with a big kitchen and a great bathroom - I was absolutely pleased to stay there for a few nights, and only wished my stay was longer! Also, the place was clean enough and internet was provided.
Definitely well fit for business stays as well as for vacation, this building is very well situated, close to the Aldgate metro station.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Dear Myhi
It is always helpful to receive our guest’s comments in order that we can eliminate our failings and plan for future improvements and it equally important to receive some compliments so that we know we doing things right.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit. You may also be interested to know that we also have an award winning building in Empire Square, which is only minutes away from London Bridge and Borough Market. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay the experience that you are hoping for please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely