“Worth the wait- terrific”

Tish Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #14,853 of 25,458 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 9 - USD 77
Description: Tish Bar & Restaurant is a glatt kosher restaurant in Belsize Park. The all-day dining menu offers European cuisine featuring heritage family favourites. Enjoy contemporary dishes and Jewish classics whilst immersing yourself in the carefully curated comfort and splendour of the dining room, bar and terrace.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ok, so we can all run a restaurant better than an operator but how many of us have tried?
A confession- I know the owner. Not well at all so this may be slightly conflicted- but well enough to know he has put his heart and soul into the place for altruistic reasons.
He has tried. Brilliant.
Tish was designed to be a high class kosher restaurant accessible to all in the same way top Indian and Chinese restaurants are raved over by those who are not Indian or Chinese. It has succeeded.
We went on Friday night. It is a pleasure to go out and not have to take a wallet with you because you have prepaid. The decor is superb. It wasn’t busy but busy enough.
As it was Friday night wine was provided in a beautiful kiddish cup and challah (bread) on a beautiful bread board.
My wife had chicken soup which was not her mothers ( is anyone’s) so maybe every Jewish mother needs to send in their recipe or, we can just be patient as the restaurant improves and matures.
I had beef carpaccio. Was expecting a plate of sliced beef. What I got was finely chopped beef in a sauce. As Michael Winner once said- “historic”- loved it.
Mains, we both had the lamb casserole. Was lovely. Needed seconds!
Dessert was Tiramesu and apple, ginger and rhubarb crumble. Both good.
Then left, totally full and happy!
This is a proper kosher restaurant as found in Paris or Jerusalem. Not kosher style which isn’t kosher.
For every 2 Jews, 3 opinions. Mine is simple. Brilliant. ❤️
Don’t like it, open your own

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

very elegant surroundings creative mennue with more refined dishes than usual for kosher establishment open on shabbos only one in london

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

and even if they are expensive then you tend to get a heap of food. Trish is the reverse tiny portions, good food, huge bill...fancies itself as a Jewish Ivy but I doubt it is going to get the support until it works out its pricing...equally the staff are well meaning but perhaps when I mentioned how small the steak tarat was it is not the best answer to suggest I could order another one.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We picked this restaurant for convenience and because my friend wanted to try it out. It is clear a fair amount has been spent on the decor and fitting this dining room out. However the tables are packed in quite tightly which was less of an issue for breakfast as it was quiet but I can imagine intrusive at dinner. The menu is fairly limited. The food was okay - shakshuka was apparently good but my eggs benedict with smoked salmon on challa was only slightly warm. The server and staff are friendly but the music too loud for breakfast. I would like to give it another shot for lunch or dinner but I would expect the food to be better and match my expectations.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

The only reason for giving Tish a star is the pleasant nature of our server. The food was tasteless and dry.absolutely no reason to return.

1  Thank phaedraToronto