“Very decent dansak ”

Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: City of London
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times, always been 'ok to good' but this time it was 'good to great'. Very nice dansak, peshwari naan and saag sides. Very little oil or sign of base sauce.

Will be back soon to see if it was a fluke or if they have really picked their game up.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

On a few days break and saw this restaurant as a reasonably priced indian restaurant for London. Meals were really nice and tasty and I would really recommend this restaurant. The owner came across to talk to us at the end and when he found out it was our 25th wedding anniversary he offered us all any free drink which was a really nice touch. we will definitely come back here when we return to London.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

There is a hanging sign outside Spice Trader. Look for it as you walk down the block and you will find the restaurant.
The decorations are designed for a business lunch or dinner. There is nothing on the walls to distract you from your conversation.
The food is excellent but know this about the pricing: there is a note at the back of the menu that says "minimum pricing £17.50 per person ". If you are not ready to spend money, this is not the restaurant for you.
The staff is helpful and attentive.
At the end of the meal the give you a hot wet hand towel and chocolate covered mints.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

I've worked in the city area for the past OMG 28 years and restaurants come and go - Spice Trader down the stairs - has been on my list since 2003 The food is always good - not fancy if you get my drift - proper English curry house good value , usual beers, can't go wrong for lunch or after work get together with colleagues - Bussiness or on this occasion a friend of 40 years Shamir kebab , chicken madras pilau rice chapattis popadoms and chutney - cobra beer I'm a traditionalist when curry is around - but I also know fine dinning This won't disappoint for a Curry night out.

1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

I remember the last time I came here with my work colleagues, the service was great and every dish was piping hot. Can't wait to go back when I get the chance.

One thing I really appreciated was that the food felt and tasted very traditional and not your average takeaway.

A very memorable and happy experience!