“Just ok”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Both the coffee and the service is ok, nothing amazing. Went there with friends, it's like any other coffee shop around really. Good selection of food.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I wrote a review quite a while ago so it is time to do it again. The place was quite busy but we manage to squeeze in and find a table. I had a cappuccino and my friend had a green tea which came in reasonable time. The cappuccino although not bad was not particular hot which was in tune with the service which at his best was “Am I bother though!!”
Although £ 3 for a cappuccino seems to me quite expensive but I suppose that is more or less the average price for most of this “trendy” places! What I find more difficult to “swallow” is that the Green Tea had the same price tag!! I was also concerned that some places including this one have sugar in a jar exposed to the elements. On this occasion the teaspoon in the sugar was caked with sugar. Obviously someone had used it to stir their coffee or tea and put it back again which led me to drink the cappuccino without sugar just in case…..!

1  Thank Francesco C
Reviewed 7 March 2018

As the name suggests - great for espresso.

Have stopped in many times and it's consistently good.

Can't wait till the next visit.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

It’s a cosy place. I ordered a flat white with soya milk and a vegan chocolate cookie.

The coffee was anything but a flat white. It was cold and it was anything but a flat white.

The chocolate cookie was over cooked. It was hard and felt like a brick. Hard to break and eat. It tasted burnt and uneatable. Then my friend gave the idea to deep in the cold coffee. Which I did and was finally able to eat that cookie.

Anyway I would not order it again, if I ever go back to this coffee shop.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Just had a Sunday morning breakfast at Nude Hanbury street location. Our flat-whites were tepid, at best, even after asking to have one of the drinks remade ‘hot’. The granola pot was standard. However, the service was so lacking in enthusiasm, energy, or any kind of humanity that it was hard to enjoy the food. The whole experience was tainted by the staff’s overall lack of interest the customers’ needs or desires. It’s not enough to have a single origin beans roasted on site and a beautiful espresso machine. Customers can sense and taste when food and drinks are made with care and pride of workmanship. We didn’t feel it at Nude.