“Cooler than cool”

Price range: USD 48 - USD 200
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: 2 Michelin star-awarded Sketch offers a breathtaking gastronomic experience in the exclusive neighbourhood of Mayfair. The unique restaurant stretches over 4 spaces, covering everything from tea and pastries to French and European haute cuisine. The Lecture Room & Library is a sophisticated and exclusive dining area, awarded its first Michelin Star in 2005, along with 5 AA Rosettes. The tasting and a la carte menus are designed by the 3 Michelin-starred French master chef Pierre Gagnaire, while the acclaimed wine list was awarded 'Best Award for Excellence' by the Wine Spectator and AA Guide's Best UK Wine List.' There is a smart dress code and gentlemen are required to wear jackets The Gallery is a stylish and vibrant gastro-brasserie with 3 AA Rosettes. Surrounded by ever-changing site specific video exhibitions by emerging artists and designers, The Gallery also features hand painted Julie Verhoeven chairs. The magical ambience of The Glade's Swarovski encrusted and sunset-strewn woodland bar provides the perfect lounge setting. Elegant Louis XV seating features in the quirky and eccentric patisserie, restaurant and bar of The Parlour. Experience breakfast, comfort food and afternoon tea until the last drink before home.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

A fabulous experience and cocktails sent from heaven. The staff were delightful and made the service run like clockwork. Prices are a little steep but if your in London save a little bit extra for a treat while you are there!
The toilets are like something from space!

2  Thank biancaPreston

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This is my gold standard. The ambience, the food and the service made for the most incredible experience ever. What more can I say.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I took my best friend for an Afternoon Tea experience at Sketch today.
It was a bit of a treat, something we try to do at least once a year and Sketch did not disappoint.

The selection of sandwiches and cakes were out of this world and they don't scrimp on the portion sizes either.

From coronation chicken, goose egg and mayonnaise and a tomato and basil filling between fresh and varied types of bread, the sandwiches were heavenly.

Each cake and pastry was excellently presented and tasted divine. After completing this assortment of treats we were offered scones with fresh cream and the most delectable jams. It didn't end there as we were also given two different types of cake from the 'cake trolley' which, even though we were extremely full, were equally as scrumptious!

They staff at every point were exceptional. I have never experienced service like it. They couldn't have done enough for us, their skills and and service were second to none. Everyone knew how to tailor each diners experience and make it as perfect as possible.

I highly recommend paying the extra £14 and upgrade from a standard afternoon tea to a champagne tea. It was worth the money and topped things off perfectly.

Of course the famous decor did not disappoint either. The dining areas were truly magical and it felt like stepping into a different world, a hidden secret in the middle of central London.

If you haven't been to Sketch, what are you waiting for? I'm already planning on taking my bridesmaid there as a 'thank you for everything' after our wedding next year as well as my mother and mother in law for a treat as soon as possible!

A truly exceptional experience that I would recommend to all.

♥️Sketch

2  Thank katemilli89
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Having dined at Pierre Gagnaire’s namesake restaurant in Paris, we were anxious to try Sketch’s Lecture Room and Library, where Mr. Gagnaire is executive chef. We made our way through the Friday evening throngs to the building housing the restaurant located in Mayfair that also has a gastro-brasserie on the main floor, as well as a busy bar. We were escorted up the stairs beyond the velvet rope to the Lecture Room and Library, the décor for which can best be described as wild; theatrical in a sense. We started with champagne, followed by a mini menu of 4 amuse bouches. Each dish on the menu is composed of several small dishes. For starters, we had Spring (artic char mousseline, crayfish, lemon balm; chicken broth; asparagus in two services) and Pollock and Carabineros (pollock; brown shrimp and capers; pan-fried carabineros; iced green apple). For main courses we had wild turbot with braised endive and broccoli with white beans and sobrassada and sea bass with foie gras, apple compote, octopus stew and pomme dauphine. There were so many dishes and flavors we could not keep track of them all and no one dish was particularly memorable. In an effort to find a wine that would complement all the dishes, we chose a Galinet 2010 Sancerre from the wine list. We soldiered on to dessert: the chocolate soufflé (with chocolate bar, sorbet and parlour tart) and the grand dessert, which was a selection of 6 miniature desserts in two services. Service was proper but there were long intervals between courses. It’s also very pricey. After we were finished, we descended the stairs, past to the velvet rope to complete Friday night madness. All in all, we were somewhat disappointed. Pierre Gagnaire is a wonderful chef but this restaurant is trying to do too much and the most lasting impression is the fanciful décor, not the food.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Dining at Sketch has always been on my bucket list and it certainly lived up to my expectations. The most wonderful part of the experience was the service. I have never been served by such incredible waiting staff before and they truly made the lunch unforgettable. The purple suits on the men and the beautiful red dress on the lady made the whole team look extremely smart.

Naturally, the building and it’s interior is spellbinding and at times my friend and I didn’t speak as we were so in awe of the whole place. I particularly enjoyed the Champagne trolley that we were presented with at the start of the meal.

The food was beautifully presented and my pavlova pudding was certainly a highlight. I ordered lobster for my main course and it was delicious but I was slightly disappointed by the very small portion provided. I found that the setting and service outweighed the food.

A fantastic dining experience and I would like to try another room next time.

Try and go to the egg shaped toilets by the parlour if you can.

You could be mistaken by thinking Sketch may be pretentious but it was quite the opposite.