“Great value for £”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Six of us visited on a Tuesday lunchtime and we were the only people in restaurant.

The restaurant was clean, however the tables are covered in plastic - I always find that rather worrying.

I am not an expert on Ethiopian food, so the ordering was left to one member of our party who is from Ethiopia. The menu was comprehensive, although only one of the four types of Ethiopian beer listed was available. Pints of lager were listed at £3.80 which is really good value.

The food was really good, tasty and most enjoyable. The concept of eating food from injera bread is very sociable so it lends itself to groups.

The speciality coffee was excellent and the roasted coffee beans are brought to the table as part of the ritual.

The food and drinks are very reasonable priced and the service was also good with the waitress being very knowledgable and helpful.

Good place to go with a group.

1  Thank Paul S

Reviewed 12 March 2017

This was my first brush with Ethiopian cuisine and I really enjoyed it!

The restaurant itself isn't super appealing, it's just a few tables on a tiled floor and some gaudy decorations on the walls and windows. Definitely not pretty or cozy.

The staff was very friendly but unfortunately our server spoke incredibly quietly, so we had trouble understanding her over the loud music.

We weren't sure what to order as neither of the four of us had ever tried Ethiopian. Our server tried to explain what/how to order, but we didn't really understand her, a combination of her English not being very clear and her speaking so quietly. We all just ended up ordering random dishes that sounded good and ran with it.

The Injera, a large fermented pancake that is used to both serve the food on as well as pick it up with, was delicious! I loved the sour tangy taste it had. As we weren't aware that it was supposed to be a social sharing kind of dinner, we mostly just ate what we ordered without mixing dishes together. I did taste a bit of all dishes on the table though and everything was well spiced and very tasty.
Don't let the size of the serving dishes fool you, combined with the injera, the servings are huge and very satisfying.

Overall I really liked the experience but wish our server had done a better job of explaining the who style of dining beforehand. Will definitely try Ethiopian again, but probably not at this location.

1  Thank Bianca W
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Waitress was very unfriendly.If you want to deal with low inteligent waitress this is the right place.The food is ok but she spoil my mood.

Thank toshovl .
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Came here for our office Christmas meal rather than trying to find a pub or restaurant that didn't over-priced set menus and limited options! Had no trouble booking a table, waitress on arrival was friendly and knowledgeable about the food, and the restaurant itself was quite clean and tidy. Ladies loo was a bit small, but not so tiny that you can't get in there.
Food was lovely and fresh tasting, and we all left happy with full tums. There wasn't a great deal of different separate dishes for veggies, but four of us had the veggie special which obviously comes with several different things which were all good.
Some of our team tried the stuffed chillies, which were obviously rather hot! The injera was lovely and soft, and there was no problem with ordering more.
Nice restaurant, lovely staff,

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I was in the neighborhood walking to my airbnb, cold and hungry, and spotted this restaurant. So glad I did! This is a clean and unpretentious place - nice and hospitable. The host easily agreed to make my dinner takeaway. It was well wrapped and absolutely delicious.

Not having eaten Ethiopian befire, I cannot comment on authenticity, but it was different, with spices new to me - not too hot but definitely spiced.

There was quite a variety of choices. The menu was in English witb Ethiopian names of the dishes. I ordered a lamb and spinach combination, which came with a delicious bread to eat it with (wrapped up).

Highly recommend!